What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Your #1 New Adult Book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (last edited Jan 03, 2018 01:32PM) (new)

Karen | 260 comments Please suggest your favorite or must read New Adult book. Only one! It has to be your #1 :)

I've been getting a little jaded about New Adult books because the last few I've read have been flops.

Need a really good one to get me back into it!

My #1 is Bully by P. Douglas. The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend might beat it out but I just noticed that it's labeled Young Adult not New Adult although I considered it a New Adult book.

message 2: by Kizi (new)

Kizi (kizzme) | 14 comments The Only one I can think of is The Fever Series
Its a paranormal/fantasy but its definitelya New Adult...I think.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 441 comments I gave 5 stars to The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett. It is a truly emotional tale told of young love made possible even with the multiple obstacles in both Jack and Beatrix's young lives.

message 4: by Anya (new)

Anya | 85 comments There is some good new adult out there , my faves are:

Contempoarty Na:
Easy by tammora webber (I think her name is spelled), The sea of tranquillity by Katja Millay , The slammed series and hopeless both by collen hoover. I also liked the boy who sneaks through my bedroom window, forgotten the author...

Fantasy NA:
Thorne of glass series by Sarah Maas and her other series a court of thornes and roses.
Uprooted by naomi novik
Graceling series

Some of these are maybe borderline na/ya...

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Isn't the new adult category rough? It seems like they are either super sappy or super sexual

These two tie for the #1 spot:
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
The Idea of You by Robinne Lee

And anything by Elizabeth O'Roark specifically Undertow

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments Thank you all for your recommendations!

Yes Tricia! That's exactly how I feel about the New Adult genre! I've read The Hating Game and liked it! I think I'll check out Undertow. Thanks!

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments I sent you a friend request! That way we can keep up with each other’s 5 Star reads

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 260 comments Awesome! That's sounds great :) I added you back!

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Definitely second A Court of Thorns and Roses by Mass.

message 10: by Serena (new)

Serena | 93 comments try abbi glines rosemary beach series

message 11: by Mari (new)

Mari | 6 comments Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover if you want a NA book with a bit more depth. Or, The Unhoneymooners by Chirstina Lauren which was more of a fun and light read.
Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren