Year-long NaNo discussion

Lila Kims > Dusted Red

Comments Showing 1-50 of 405 (405 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/3/18 - 1,569 words

Favorite sentence:

Blurs of brown and green appeared on either side, trunks and leaves and bushes mixing into a soup of different colors.

message 2: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Excellent word count, Lila! And I love your sentence, so descriptive :P

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Nicki wrote: "Excellent word count, Lila! And I love your sentence, so descriptive :P"

Thanks, Nicki! :D

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/4/18 - 1,306 words

Favorite paragraph:

"Dejected?" I raised my eyebrows, then lowered them and took another spoonful. My stomach shuddered for something more substantial, and so I took a loaf of bread from the plate between Mama and me. Those stormy eyes bored holes into my skin. Like she could see through me, see all the secrets.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments NICE!!!! I love all the description :)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Catherine wrote: "NICE!!!! I love all the description :)"

THANKS!! That means a lot to me! <3

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/6/18 - 749 words :P

Favorite morsel:

I smiled grimly. How kind of them, not to ignore me completely. But I couldn't say the same for myself.

I avoided them like the plague.

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments beautiful!!

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Ivie wrote: "AHH, I'M FANGIRLING AGAIN!!"

:D :D :D

message 10: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Catherine wrote: "beautiful!!"

Aw, thanks! <3 <3

message 11: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/7/18 - 851 words

Favorite morsel:

They could be watching me now. Watching me in the form of some unsuspicious nighttime creature, like an owl.

Or a wolf.

message 12: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "1/7/18 - 851 words

Favorite morsel:

They could be watching me now. Watching me in the form of some unsuspicious nighttime creature, like an owl.

Or a wolf."

Great progress, Lila!

And...

Ahhh!

*flails*

That excerpt!

message 13: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments @Nicki - Thank you!!! :D Glad you liked it. <3

message 14: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments Heehee, who would suspect a cute little wolf?? Heh heh heh.

LOVE IT

message 15: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments @Catherine - Who wouldn't? ;D

message 16: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/8/18 - 754 words

Favorite morsel:

A pale face caught a faint sliver of moonlight, closed lids like porcelain contrasting with the dark of curled lashes.

message 17: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Great work, Lila!

message 18: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments Can I just say I love your vivid descriptions!!

message 19: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Catherine wrote: "Can I just say I love your vivid descriptions!!"

She's really great at those. It's my favorite thing about her writing XD

message 20: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Aw, guys. *blushes* THANK YOU. <3 <3 <3 Nicki, my favorite thing about your writing is your dialogue. It's so witty and awesome and I can't. get. enough of it. xD

message 21: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "Aw, guys. *blushes* THANK YOU. dialogue. It's so witty and awesome and I can't. get. enough of it. xD"

Aww shucks. *blushes even redder than Lila* Thanks!

message 22: by Katrina Michelle (last edited Jan 09, 2018 06:43PM) (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/9/18 - 1,265 words

My favorite morsel:

I shifted, scrambling to my feet, my back still pressing into the tree behind me as if the very thought of approaching any of these strangers a single tip-toe appalled me.

message 23: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "1/9/18 - 1,265 words

My favorite morsel:

I shifted, scrambling to my feet, my back still pressing into the tree behind me as if the very thought of approaching any of these strangers a single tip..."

Yay! Great word count, and haha! I love your excerpt!

message 24: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments Haha, took me an extra second the first time I read the snippet, but now I understand it 😁

message 25: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Catherine wrote: "Haha, took me an extra second the first time I read the snippet, but now I understand it 😁"

Yeah, the wording could probably be slightly better. xD Thanks so much, both of you! <3

message 26: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/10/18 - 669 words

They just met for the first time for the third time. *gives your mind a minute to compute*

#MultipleRewrites xD

message 27: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "1/10/18 - 669 words

They just met for the first time for the third time. *gives your mind a minute to compute*

#MultipleRewrites xD"

Ugh, I hate rewrites! But yay that your characters finally met!

message 28: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments Heehee 😁 don't you love those moments?? LOL

message 29: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Nicki wrote: "Lila wrote: "1/10/18 - 669 words

#MultipleRewrites xD"

Ugh, I hate rewrites! But yay that your characte..."

They are kind of tedious, but it was necessary for Dusted Red, and the result has been FABULOUS! :D

message 30: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Catherine wrote: "Heehee 😁 don't you love those moments?? LOL"

They are strange moments, but yes, I do love them! :D

message 31: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/11/18 - 1,171 words

message 32: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "Nicki wrote: "Lila wrote: "1/10/18 - 669 words

#MultipleRewrites xD"

Ugh, I hate rewrites! But yay that..."

That's how I feel with Week of Werewolves, Faeires, and Fancy Dresses. The rewrites are driving me crazy! But they're so totally worth it.

message 33: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "1/11/18 - 1,171 words"

Yay!

message 34: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments @Nicki - Saaaaaame! Annoying at times, but definitely worth it. *nodnod* And thanks, there's something super satisfying about reaching a 1,000 words - it's my very flexible daily goal. xD

message 35: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/12/18 - 840 words

It had never been more frustrating to dwell on the unreliability of the old legends. They could be more right than wrong, or they could be more wrong than right.

message 36: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "1/12/18 - 840 words

It had never been more frustrating to dwell on the unreliability of the old legends. They could be more right than wrong, or they could be more wrong than right."

Yay! And ooh, I like that :) Excellent excerpt!

message 37: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Nicki wrote: "Lila wrote: "1/12/18 - 840 words

It had never been more frustrating to dwell on the unreliability of the old legends. They could be more right than wrong, or they could be more wrong than right."
..."

Thanks, Nicki! <3

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments ugh, that is so true....#strugglesofahistorian

message 39: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Catherine wrote: "ugh, that is so true....#strugglesofahistorian"

Haha, my MC isn't a historian, but the struggle is still real, for sure. :D

message 40: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/14/18 - 1,713 words

A lunatic for a stepmother. How nice.

message 41: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Lila wrote: "1/14/18 - 1,713 words

A lunatic for a stepmother. How nice."

Excellent word count and Haha! Love it!

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments heehee. aren't they fun?

message 43: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments :D :D

message 44: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/15/18 - 568 words :P

message 45: by Nicki (new)

Nicki Chapelway | 2171 comments Yay!

message 46: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/16/18 - 1,182 words

Favorite sentence:

The overwhelming silence rolling from the hut in invisible waves made my heart go wild.

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments Nice!

I like the idea - tbh, I think if you changed the word order a wee bit ("rolling in invisible waves from the hut") I think the effect would be much cooler.

message 48: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments Catherine wrote: "Nice!

I like the idea - tbh, I think if you changed the word order a wee bit ("rolling in invisible waves from the hut") I think the effect would be much cooler."

I think you're right! I'll make a note of it, thank you. :D

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Hawthorn (catherinehawthorn) | 347 comments You're welcome!

message 50: by Katrina Michelle (new)

Katrina Michelle (cheapobiblio) | 243 comments 1/18/18 - 859 words

Snippet:

One of the old women opened her eyes, but they were glossed over and milky, as if by a magic spell someone had stuffed fog into her eyes. She didn't turn to look at us; in fact, she didn't seem to be looking at anything.

She was blind, I realized.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9