2019 #ReadICT Challenge discussion

2018 Book Recommendations > Category 12: A book by an author slated to visit Wichita in 2018

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzanneperezict) | 43 comments Mod
Here's the place for book recommendations for Category 12: a book by an author slated to visit Wichita in 2018.

message 2: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 2 comments I am probably using the YA book The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black for this one. It was pretty standard YA fare, but since James Dashner is coming at the end of January, The Maze Runner could be more of a fun read

message 3: by Lara (new)

Lara | 1 comments I'm starting The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty. It looks clever and fun.

message 4: by Sheryl (last edited Jan 29, 2018 08:44PM) (new)

Sheryl (sherylcat) | 21 comments I read China Dolls by Lisa See. She has a lot of great books!

message 5: by Marty (new)

Marty (mwarke) | 5 comments I read Birdwing by Rafe Martin. He is coming to speak at the grade schools and Bethel college . I live in Newton so I thought this was appropriate.

message 6: by Calla (new)

Calla | 2 comments I read “On Gold Mountain” by Lisa See, who is coming to Wichita in April. I did not enjoy it as much as I did “The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane”, but it was an interesting account of her family’s American journey.

message 7: by Celine (new)

Celine (goodreadscomcdb393) | 14 comments Just saw that Gail Honeyman is coming to Watermark in June which is nice since I had already planned on reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine.