2019 #ReadICT Challenge discussion

2018 Book Recommendations > Category 3: A book about reading or writing

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzanneperezict) | 43 comments Mod
Here's the place for book recommendations for Category 3: a book about reading or writing.

message 3: by Celine (new)

Celine (goodreadscomcdb393) | 14 comments This category has broken me. It is possible that I will just end up reading 50 books from this one category and not get around to finishing the other categories. I just finished Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life and it was so good. It's also a short, fast read. I managed to get through it in less than 24 hours despite constant stops to add copious books to my to-read list here on Goodreads, then look up to see whether the library or Scribd has the books, then check their price on Amazon. I found that I shared a lot of the author's views on the books she mentions that I have actually read (we also share the same views on Jared Leto) so I'm confident that I'm going to find some great reads from this book.

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz | 5 comments I'm seconding The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry!!! It's a wonderful book and an easy read.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 5 comments My vote is Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life I wish I could have the time/passion/read as much time as Ms. Spence. Love the recommendations on other books and of course googled and found the list of books she mentions and actually added most to my to read list.

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzanneperezict) | 43 comments Mod
Samantha wrote: "My vote is Dear Fahrenheit 451: Love and Heartbreak in the Stacks: A Librarian's Love Letters and Breakup Notes to the Books in Her Life I wish I could have the time/passion/read as much time as Ms..."

Yes!! Such a great voice in this book. I love the Snarky Librarian. ;)

message 7: by Molly (new)

Molly | 1 comments I enjoyed it as well. I think it would be perfect to read a few pages here and there as a palate cleanser between books.