Reading Glasses - Fan Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Currently Reading > Currently Reading - January 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 48 comments Mod
Happy New Year folks!

Here is the place to share all the books you're reading this month (for once I got it here relatively on time).

I'm starting off the year by finishing off 'The Mysterious Affair at Styles' by Agatha Christie. I love me some Poirot! ❤

What are you reading?

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 6 comments I'm listening to Luck in the Shadows and reading The Scorpio Races! I loved Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys series, so I'm finally catching up on her older stuff.

message 3: by liz (new)

liz williams (matel) | 4 comments I am reading The Blinds!

message 4: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 48 comments Mod
I’ve now moved on Devil in the White City and Where am I Now? By Mara Wilson. Cause book club 😊

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Pariseau (areadrose) | 1 comments I just finished I Called Him Necktie by Milena Mishiko Flasar. It’s a great translated book.

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (leoth3lion) | 5 comments Kelsey wrote: "I'm listening to Luck in the Shadows and reading The Scorpio Races! I loved Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys series, so I'm finally c..."

The Scorpio Races is such a cool, weird book! I love The Raven Cycle so much. I just reread her Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy via audio and it was so wintery and wolfy to read in December... I really love Maggie and her work.

message 7: by Kelsey (last edited Jan 09, 2018 10:03AM) (new)

Kelsey (leoth3lion) | 5 comments I'm currently reading a few books!

Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer? on my phone, even though I own the comics because I really like the Guided View thing Comixology/Amazon has going.

The Man with the Twisted Lip on my phone via the Serial Reader app, because I'm trying to read through all the Sherlock Holmes canon and pace myself.

Between the World and Me on my phone via audio via the Libby app. I was so proud to snake this without ever putting a hold on it. It's intense.

The Martian via physical book because a friend loaned it to me. I actually ended up picking this up because I really like the premise of Andy Weir's second book but I wanted to read this first because it kinda feels like I can't review it without knowing more about his super popular book already, even though it sounded boring to me. I started reading it a few days ago when reading comics on my phone started making my head hurt and OMG IT'S SO GOOD?! I feel like no one told me it was this good. Like everyone talked about this book but I think they should have tried harder to get me to read it. 😂

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Van Peursem Natalie | 3 comments I’m currently reading You Deserve a Drink by Mamrie Hart. It’s a fun book, I’ve been trying to read more autobiography-ish things, and I got it on my kindle keyboard from my library. Whee library!

message 9: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 6 comments Kelsey wrote: "Kelsey wrote: "I'm listening to Luck in the Shadows and reading The Scorpio Races! I loved Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys series, s..."

I just finished The Scorpio Races and really loved it! I'm looking forward to checking out Wolves of Mercy Falls. You're right, she's such a great author!

message 10: by Roland (new)

Roland Le Fort | 9 comments Currently finishing up West of Dodge (one of the many western novels that my grandfather left to me) and then starting on Anansi Boys.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.