Challenges from Exploding Steamboats discussion

Stina's Challenge 2018 > Summer Prompt: A book of short stories

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 640 comments Mod
This was a summer-specific prompt last year, so I'll be saving it for my summer reading challenges starting sometime in May.

I'll certainly be finishing up an Agatha Christie collection or two this year, but depending on the timing, I might be reading Bold Girls Speak for this prompt.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 144 comments I listen to a lot of short stories on Audible. Just finished Make Something Up by Chuck Palahniuk and have Neil Gaiman's newest collection awaiting. Palahniuk's was okay - I think I'm moving past him as a reader.

message 3: by Cheryl (last edited Oct 06, 2018 03:38PM) (new)

Cheryl (6of8) | 233 comments I did this one -- a collection of fantasy stories called Betcha Can't Read Just One

Also appropriate: Stories from the Vinyl Cafe
Stories of Cats We Love

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 144 comments So I finished Gaiman's Trigger Warning and just loved it. I'm an unabashed fangirl of his, though, so that's not super surprising.

message 5: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 640 comments Mod
Laura wrote: "So I finished Gaiman's Trigger Warning and just loved it. I'm an unabashed fangirl of his, though, so that's not super surprising."

I still haven't started that one because I feel like I need to read American Gods first.

For this prompt, I read The Fabulous Saga of Alexander Botts and the Earthworm Tractor on a rare fiction recommendation from my father. It was a delight.