What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)
This topic is about Beezus and Ramona
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book - A sister and her brother's love for a book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April Lovesay (new)

April Lovesay | 2 comments Hi, I’m looking for a book that I read when I was a teenager (back in the 90s). It’s about this girl who has to take her brother to the library and he LOVES this little book, and I’m pretty damn sure it’s called the little tugboat or something like that. But I remember the author describing this book as dogeared and, I may be wrong here, but I think that the librarian my have let the little boy keep it. I think that he may have wrote in the book and they took it back to the library and he was allowed to keep it. Unfortunately I cannot remember anything else about the book but I have been thinking abou it for years and I can’t get it out of my head!!! Any suggestion should anyone?

Adele | 1208 comments This sounds exactly like what happens in Beezus and Ramona but the older sister, Beezus, has a younger sister instead of a younger brother. Ramona's favorite book is The Littlest Steam Shovel and she wants it read all the time, so Beezus takes her to the library to find a new book. She does find a book, but it is also about steam shovels. Later Ramona writes in crayon all over the book so they have to pay for it and the library lets them keep it, but the librarian makes clear that the book now belongs to Beezus rather than Ramona.

message 3: by April Lovesay (new)

April Lovesay | 2 comments OMG that’s it! Can’t belive it lol! The title I had had a photo on the front of the book, thank you so much for your help!

Adele | 1208 comments You're very welcome. :-)