Challenges from Exploding Steamboats discussion

Stina's Challenge 2018 > Prompt: A book recommended by an author you love

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 591 comments Mod
I'm nearly done with Lovecraft Country, which was recommended to me by Daryl Gregory. I may also do Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, which was recommended by Felicia Day.

If you haven't found a book for this one, see if any of your favorite authors blog, tweet, or instagram about what they're reading.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 144 comments I'm currently reading The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break which was recommended by Neil Gaiman.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (6of8) | 217 comments Hey, guess what?! Turns out I did this one first without realizing it.

Of Mice and Men was recommended by an author I love, Barack Obama.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Arkless | 137 comments I have chosen "The Story of the Treasure Seekers" by E. Nesbit. I found it on a list of books which JK Rowling loves. Pleasant book classed as a children's story, but with plenty there for the adult. It was first published in 1899, so is set in Victorian Greenwich, London. Avoid reading any foreword by Julia Donaldson. She reveals spoilers. Very annoying in a foreword.

message 5: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 591 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "I have chosen "The Story of the Treasure Seekers" by E. Nesbit. I found it on a list of books which JK Rowling loves. Pleasant book classed as a children's story, but with plenty there for the adul..."

That sounds interesting, so thanks for the heads-up about the spoilers!