Little Heaven
This topic is about Little Heaven
2018 Readings > January '18 Reading: Little Heaven by Nick Cutter

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CC (new)

CC Vep (violetanimals) | 76 comments Mod
Let's start it off: Thoughts so far???

Lance Dale | 18 comments I'm only through the first two chapters (still waiting for my physical copy to arrive so I'm reading the sample on Amazon) but I'm digging it so far. It kind of has an "It" vibe to it.

Skyler Willett (skizzbot) | 5 comments I'm liking this a lot so far. Definitely not what I expected after reading the description. Seems like an interesting cast of characters.

Lance Dale | 18 comments 80 pages deep and I'm sucked in. I really like the characters and the names he's given them. Each one has a real compelling story.

message 5: by Lindsey (new) - added it

Lindsey Mcelreath | 3 comments This is my first Nick Cutter book, and so far I'm loving it! I'm where they're introducing Mira...or her name may be different than that...I had a credit on Amazon audible....so I've been listening to the story on my commutes to and from work...the creature is reminding me of The Thing...which is one of my all time favorite horror/science-fiction movies. I love how descriptive the author is...he's descriptive in a way that doesn't bore me...I'm finding this book disturbing...which is making it all the more enjoyable...I'll be checking out more of Cutter's books after this read for sure.

Lance Dale | 18 comments One of the morals of this story is: If you join a group and the leader of said group says, "We should find a remote area and start a community" you're gonna have a bad time. Hopefully this book club never wants to start a community in a remote area....

Patrick (thepjcurley) I'm only 50 pages in and it's totally not what I expected but in a good way. Having previously read The Troop you can immediately tell that Little Heaven is going to be much different from his previous work. It does feel a lot like IT so far. Excited to see where this goes.

Patrick (thepjcurley) Definitely read The Troop. It's one of my all time favorite horror books. I won't read it again though...

Lindsey wrote: "This is my first Nick Cutter book, and so far I'm loving it! I'm where they're introducing Mira...or her name may be different than that...I had a credit on Amazon audible....so I've been listening..."

Lance Dale | 18 comments I'm almost done and I'm torn. I want to find out what happens but I also don't want the ride to be over. I'm going to have to check out The Troop when I'm done. This is my first Nick Cutter book and I am a fan.

message 10: by Lindsey (new) - added it

Lindsey Mcelreath | 3 comments PJC wrote: "Definitely read The Troop. It's one of my all time favorite horror books. I won't read it again though...

Lindsey wrote: "This is my first Nick Cutter book, and so far I'm loving it! I'm where the..."

I definitely will, already ordered it so I can start it. :)

Chris Pederson | 54 comments It's interesting so far.. I'm up to where the group is going to scope out the compound.

Lance Dale | 18 comments Anyone else picture Amos as looking like a short stubby Elvis impersonator like the picture in this link?
https://media.istockphoto.com/vectors...

Bettie Toxic | 7 comments Lance wrote: "Anyone else picture Amos as looking like a short stubby Elvis impersonator like the picture in this link?
https://media.istockphoto.com/vectors......"

Totally. I've been picturing ( and hearing) Gideon from Gravity Falls as Amos in my head.

Lance Dale | 18 comments Bettie wrote: "Lance wrote: "Anyone else picture Amos as looking like a short stubby Elvis impersonator like the picture in this link?
https://media.istockphoto.com/vectors......"

Haha! I was also picturing Gideon.

Alyssa Gray (lycanthropologies) | 65 comments Mod
I’m super duper behind (only on page 60 something today) but I love this book so far

Chris Pederson | 54 comments I finished it but sort of lost interest at the end.

Patrick (thepjcurley) 33% and I'm starting to fade. I loved it up until this point but it's starting to drag.

Chris wrote: "I finished it but sort of lost interest at the end."

I’m still so far behind but I do really like it!! Student teaching is kicking my butt.

Wendy | 5 comments I found it gratuitously graphic. I loved horror, but this was not

Wendy | 5 comments A little too extraneously graphic. I love horror, and I don’t mind gore if it’s purposeful—if it moves the character forward or informs the plot. Overall, I just didn’t like this one by Cutter. I really liked The Troop, though, so this was disappointing.

270 pages in and the fact that Micah uses zero contractions makes me crazy

Lance Dale | 18 comments *Possible Spoiler*

Did anyone else picture the baby looking like Kuato from Total Recall? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GkWKxIWrkP4/ma...

DEFINITELY

TheCultureVulture This started out great but ended up just being kind of okay. Still not sure what to make of Cutter.

My thoughts exactly. I talked abt it in the slack channel but I didn’t like some of his writing style, namely Micah’s refusal to use contractions, the penis imagery and emphasis on boners, and I noticed multiple instances where he said that blood “pissed out” of something.

Bettie Toxic | 7 comments I could have gone without the excessive focus on his dirty stick. My attention wavered in and out throughout the book. Some parts were really good and others were a chore to get through. Loved the Eb character though.

Patrick (thepjcurley) Still struggling to finish this one. Currently at 50%.