What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Same Difference
This topic is about Same Difference
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 90s LGBT YA short story anthology. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Jan 03, 2018 08:24AM) (new) - added it

Rachel | 1529 comments A paperback short story anthology from the early 1990s aimed at YA/teenagers. Various different authors, mostly British. All of the stories had characters who were LGBTQ.

There was one story told in the second person from the POV of a teenage boy who reacted badly when his friend came out to him, and then felt guilty and wanted to apologise. It started with a line something like, "Sitting there under the tree, you can't believe what you've done". I thought this story might have been by Pete Johnson but it doesn't show up in any lists of his books. That's the only story I remember in any detail.

Any help appreciated. I've looked at a few GR lists of LGBT short stories but I don't think any of them have what I want so far.

message 3: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel | 1529 comments I don't think that's the one, but thank you for the suggestion. I seem to remember the book I want had a kind of vague, ambiguous title and I didn't realise it was LGBT themed until I started reading it.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4162 comments It's not early 90s but Same Difference maybe?

message 5: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel | 1529 comments Thank you Ayshe, this is the book! I recognised the cover straight away - must have been wrong about the date. Moving to Solved.