Reset: My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change
This topic is about Reset
Jan. 2018 Book: Reset: My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 30 comments Mod
Happy New Year!
As we begin 2018, let's be inspired by the work of Ellen Pao who founded the nonprofit Project Include after dealing with workplace discrimination in Silicon Valley. "In her book, Pao shines a light on troubling issues that plague today's workplace and lays out practical, inspiring, and achievable goals for a better future."

message 2: by CMLE Libraries (new)

CMLE Libraries | 30 comments Mod
We hope you are enjoying and learning from Reset: My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change. Here are some questions to answer or just think about as you read:

1. In her book, Ellen Pao says it is time to hit “reset” in our workplaces so everyone can get a fair chance to succeed. What does a “reset” mean to you?

2. Pao noted that many people told her they had connected with a specific situation or event she described because they had had similar experiences. Was there a situation she described in the book that connected with you personally?

3. Pao worked in various tech offices during her early career, and each had a different culture. What makes a place an enjoyable and welcoming place to work? What kinds of office cultures are more challenging for employees? Are there aspects of your office that you or others would like to change? What would it take for you to speak up about them?

4. At the end of the book, Pao urges readers to seek out inspirational books and films to motivate their activism. What books and films would you recommend to others? What books and films do you plan to read?