✨ Adults Who Read YA ✨ discussion

✩☽ May '18 ✩☽ Sky in the Deep

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) | 697 comments Mod
For the first 2 chapters of this book (which comes out in April) check out the Bustle article here:

https://www.bustle.com/p/adrienne-you...

message 2: by Christina (new)

This book <3

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I'm about to get it - in my OC box so I'll read it as soon as current read is finished

message 4: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "I'm about to get it - in my OC box so I'll read it as soon as current read is finished"

I got it for OC too! Sort of a meh box, but I liked the pin!

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) Yeah the box I hated - I mean, I have no intention to read the second book in there! I adored Sky though, it was "fantasy" but not really since vikings, etc. nothing was fantasy to me just .. I adored it

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I finished the book BTW and read it in just 2 days (work and all) and it was great I liked it a lot!

message 7: by Christina (new)

Ashley wrote: "I finished the book BTW and read it in just 2 days (work and all) and it was great I liked it a lot!"

I absolutely loved Sky in the Deep but I also agree that the OC box that month was terrible. I'm not a fan of their indie picks usually. I liked the enamel pin, but not much else in the box.

On the note of the book, what did everyone think? Personally, I loved the Vikings world. I thought the main character was a perfect blend of strong and naive. And while slightly rushed, I also really liked the opposing tribes aspect. When I finished the book, I wanted more like it but it's pretty unique. You might be able to try something like An Ember in the Ashes but even that's not quite the same.

Super excited to meet this author in September!

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashezbookz) I hear a lot about Ember - but it's totaly not on my list to read - I'm unsure why .. I know it gets rave reviews but it hasnt made me want to read it yet!