2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Emma's 12 books for 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (last edited Jan 23, 2018 11:28AM) (new)

Emma (emmie876) | 5 comments I set a challenge last year to read 12 books, managed 9. That's probably 9 more than 2016! Really enjoyed reading, hope to make it to 12 this year.

To start with I would like to finish what I am currently reading:
- The Man in the High Castle - Phillip K Dick - Read 7 Jan
- Nigel - Monty Don. Read 22 Jan

After that I have picked up a couple of kindle books when they were on offer over Christmas, and following on from that who knows.
- Small Great Things - Jodi Picoult
- A Day at the Office - Matt Dunn - Read 22 Jan

I am also interested in reading
The Lost Continent - Bill Bryson
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

I think I might be interested to read along with others, and try new genres.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Emma wrote: "I set a challenge last year to read 12 books, managed 9. That's probably 9 more than 2016! Really enjoyed reading, hope to make it to 12 this year.
I think I might be interested to read along with others, and try new genres. "

Cool, so you will be joining some of the group/buddy reads Emma? They really helped me to reach and surpass my goal last year (my first year of reading after a reading slump of many years). Now I'm addicted lol

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal & a very happy New (reading) Year!!

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmie876) | 5 comments Susy wrote: "Emma wrote: "I set a challenge last year to read 12 books, managed 9. That's probably 9 more than 2016! Really enjoyed reading, hope to make it to 12 this year.
I think I might be interested ..."

Hi Susy,

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes I think I will try a group read, if I see one that I like. I will be interested to find out what a group read adds to the reading experience as a whole.

Thanks again

message 4: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Good luck with all your reading goals this year! I would post the two books you want to read with people and see who is looking to read those two books

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmie876) | 5 comments Blagica wrote: "Good luck with all your reading goals this year! I would post the two books you want to read with people and see who is looking to read those two books"

Thank you. Where would I post the books I want to read please? Do you mean as a buddy read? Thanks

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Emma wrote: "Thank you. Where would I post the books I want to read please? Do you mean as a buddy read? Thanks "

Yes I think she means as a buddy read. You can post the book and ask if anyone's interested in reading it with you here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments I did mean Buddy Reads so sorry. Thanks Susy.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmie876) | 5 comments Blagica wrote: "I did mean Buddy Reads so sorry. Thanks Susy."

No need to be sorry! I just had a look around and wasn't sure if I was in the right place with the buddy reads, many thanks.

Thank you for the link Susy.

message 9: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Emma wrote: "Blagica wrote: "I did mean Buddy Reads so sorry. Thanks Susy."

No need to be sorry! I just had a look around and wasn't sure if I was in the right place with the buddy reads, many thanks.

Thank you for the link Susy."

You're welcome! :)

message 10: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Three books is great progress Emma keep it up!

message 11: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments Hoping March is a fantastic month for you Emma!!!!

message 12: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments “Reading brings us unknown friends” While the warm weather is coming I hope you make some new friends in May!

message 13: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!!