Historical Mystery Lovers discussion

18 views
2018 Historical Mystery Clue > Merle's Historical Mystery Clue 2018

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments Category: 1-General Clue Trivia
Task: 2 - Read a book with a black cover or a corpse on the cover. I can choose:
The Watersplash (The Miss Silver Mysteries) by Patricia Wentworth
or
When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7) by C.S. Harris

I choose the Harris book.


message 2: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments Category: 1 - General Clue Trivia
Task: 2 - Read a book with a back cover or a corpse on the cover. I originally read When Maidens Mourn, by C.S. Harris in 2013, and reread it for the challenge. More in-depth relationship info on the two main characters and it makes the series more interesting.


message 3: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments Category: 4 - The Rooms
Task: 9 - The Ballroom
Read a book with a dancer on the cover, or a book with a gathering of people (3 or more people) on the cover. I have numerous choices: A Poisoned Season, Crossings, Kalorama Shakedown, In The Fog, and a few more.


message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1681 comments Mod
Merle wrote: "Category: 4 - The Rooms
Task: 9 - The Ballroom
Read a book with a dancer on the cover, or a book with a gathering of people (3 or more people) on the cover. I have numerous choices: A Poisoned Seas..."


I'm reading A Poisoned season - enjoying it more than the first book which suffered from First Book Syndrome, lol!


message 5: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments Lauren wrote: "Merle wrote: "Category: 4 - The Rooms
Task: 9 - The Ballroom
Read a book with a dancer on the cover, or a book with a gathering of people (3 or more people) on the cover. I have numerous choices: A..."


That happens quite a lot. Sometimes you just have to get past the first one (or just skip it) and go on to the second.


message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1681 comments Mod
Merle wrote: "Sometimes you just have to get past the first one (or just skip it) and go on to the second. "

Yeah, I can't skip the first book, lol!
It sets up too much of the background and initial characterization :)


message 7: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments I've finished In the Fog, by Richard Harding Davis. Quite a story, and unique in that it was written by a journalist and it is often considered to be the first mystery novel written.
In the Fog by Richard Harding Davis


message 8: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments Category 1-General Clue Trivia
Task 1 - Clue was originally produced in Leeds, England in 1949. The game idea had been sold earlier than 1949, but due to war shortages, could not be produced and marketed until 1949. Read any book set in the United Kingdom OR any book revolving around World War II.
Looks like I'll be tackling the Maggie Hope series.
Merle


back to top