Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Cookbooks?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (trippie) | 464 comments So, there's always the consideration in my mind with these lists of "what do I count?" For example, I don't count the books that I read to my son (yet), because he's 3, and they're very short.
One of my friends has been tracking the cookbooks she has. I've started a shelf, myself, and have been adding the ones in my collection. Some of them obviously don't count as a "read," because they're pretty straightforwardly an introduction and recipes. However, I have some that have more story to them - a lighthouse cookbook that has history of the various regions and lighthouses, a Jersey Shore one that has a lot of profiles of restaurants and local history, a CSA one that has a lot of exposition about farm-to-table life...
My question is: what's your opinion? Do you count the ones with more exposition (provided you read it all)? Or do they still go in the "doesn't count" pile?

message 2: by Tiffany, Administrator (new)

Tiffany | 1864 comments Mod
Ooh, I'd count those! Some sort of story or history that adds to the text so it's not just recipes and I learn something? Yeah, I'd count 'em!

message 3: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (trippie) | 464 comments Woohoo! Great, hearing someone else confirm my urge to do so makes me feel better, haha. I've got a few I'll be reading through this year, then. :)