Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

Book Discussion - Non BotM > Most Awaited Books 2018

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3524 comments Mod
We did the best of 2017 previously so now what are the books people are dying to get there hands on this year.
The first for me is Iron Gold by Pierce Brown. Loved the previous series so hoping he keeps the magic going.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 227 comments I second you with Iron Gold! I have a few different copies pre-ordered as I am insane!

message 3: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3524 comments Mod
An easy trap to fall into. I have a collectors edition and reading copy ordered as well.

message 4: by Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ (last edited Jan 03, 2018 05:41AM) (new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 227 comments It very much is. I'm in the US but I ordered from Waterstone & Goldsboro for the special edition. My regular Amazon order. Audible. And A Special Howler Box from Illumicrate with the book and tons of series related items! I can't wait for them all 😊

There are several other books I'm stoked to to read and have pre-ordered but I can't even think right now. Although, I do have. Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2) by Neal Shusterman and Saga, Vol. 8 (Saga, #8) by Brian K. Vaughan coming soon too!

message 5: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3524 comments Mod
Thats a pile and a half. I just got the Goldsboro one . I'm impressed by your dedication.

For other preorders I have Blood of Assassins

Head On and White Sand Volume 2 all on the way soon

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 227 comments I need to read the first of those books. There will never be enough time to read all of the books. It's a shame.

message 7: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 390 comments I'm waiting for Grey Sister. It's not on preorder but I'm sure I'll pick up a copy fairly close to release day.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 227 comments Holy crow!! How could I have forgotten GREY SISTER! I have that one pre-ordered too and can't wait!

message 10: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3524 comments Mod
Melanie wrote: "Record of a Spaceborn Few (Wayfarers, #3) by Becky Chambers

Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers!"

Hadn't realised that was coming out . Another for the list

message 11: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3524 comments Mod
Narilka wrote: "I'm waiting for Grey Sister. It's not on preorder but I'm sure I'll pick up a copy fairly close to release day." I'm waiting on the signed ltd edition to be announced , I've a complete set of Marks books so far

message 12: by Roger, Knight Radiant (new)

Roger | 1988 comments Mod
I'm definitely looking forward to Grey Sister and Record of a Spaceborn Few (just preordered that one). Also looking forward to Bloody Rose. I'm hoping Nicolas does another hardcover printing like he did with the first book, so i can spend way more than I should on his book again :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 227 comments Gah! I have Bloody Rose on pre-order too! I should just go to Amazon and look since you guys keep listing ones I'm looking forward to! lol

message 14: by Margo (new)

Margo I'm looking forward to finding a good stand-alone. I've started so many series in tghe last year! Any suggestions?

message 15: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3524 comments Mod
Good question.

message 16: by Roger, Knight Radiant (new)

Roger | 1988 comments Mod
Margo wrote: "I'm looking forward to finding a good stand-alone. I've started so many series in tghe last year! Any suggestions?"

Kings of the Wyld is standalone, Bloody Rose is about a different band in the same world but is not a continuation of of the first book, I'd assume that is a stand-alone as well.

message 17: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

Lancer (elancer) | 1666 comments Mod
With all the fancy editions that everyone here has and gets I think my Bookshelf would give some an aneurysm. It is not pretty lol

message 19: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 390 comments Ahh, yes, Bloody Rose! Thanks for the reminder to put it on my Amazon wishlist.

message 20: by Audrey, Queen of the Potato People (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 2767 comments Mod
I'm not even sure what's coming out this year. I think the next Legends of the First Empire book is due -- sequel to Age of Swords.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1183 comments The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark #2) by Veronica Roth

The Fates Divide by Veronica Roth is the second book of a new series.

message 22: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 40 comments King of Ashes by Raymond E. Feist
Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
Untitled (Renegades #2) by Marissa Meyer
Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames

message 23: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 390 comments I thought of another one. Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel, book 3 in the Themis Files. I'll be waiting for this one on audio. Really enjoyed the previous two audios with full casts.

message 24: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (fogjuice) | 191 comments I'm with a lot of you guys. Excited for Wayfarer's 3, The Band 2, and Themis 3. And I discovered these books because of this group. Big Thanks to D&J! :-D

message 25: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (fogjuice) | 191 comments Oh yeah, and Iron Druid #9. Discovered that series because of this group, too.

message 26: by N.E.C.C. (new)

N.E.C.C. | 115 comments I LOVED Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames, so obviously i can't wait for the second book in the series, Bloody Rose

message 27: by Scott (new)

Scott (dodger1379) King of Ashes by Feist - May 8th

message 28: by Freya, Dragon Rider (new)

Freya (flamecat) | 1780 comments Mod
Spinning Silver and The Girl in the Tower here. I'm sure there are others, but I'm trying to bury myself in my physical tbr pile first!

message 29: by Audrey, Queen of the Potato People (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 2767 comments Mod
Age of War has just been released, fyi.