Challenges from Exploding Steamboats discussion

Stina's Challenge 2018 > Prompt: A book from Oprah's Book Club

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 591 comments Mod
I have to do this one before I count anything else, so I am going to give Great Expectations another go. I've been working on that thing since at least 2011!

The entire list can be found on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprah%2...

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (6of8) | 220 comments Have you read any of the Thursday Next books by Jasper Fforde? It might help if you picture Miss Havisham as she is in that world. 😉

Of course, that is probably easier for me because I quite liked the book when I read it in college.

message 3: by DragonGoddess (new)

DragonGoddess | 3 comments I'm half tempted to slog through Anna Karenina, it would actually cover 4 different prompts: A book that became a movie, Oprah book, book in translation, and set in a different continent. And maybe forgotten classic depending on how you define it (maybe).

message 4: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalyn) | 591 comments Mod
DragonGoddess wrote: "I'm half tempted to slog through Anna Karenina, it would actually cover 4 different prompts: A book that became a movie, Oprah book, book in translation, and set in a different continent. And maybe..."

I'd count it as a forgotten classic. It's widely considered a classic, but it's not one that comes to mind right away if you aren't big on Russian lit.

50x66

Challenges from Exploding Steamboats

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Great Expectations (other topics)