2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Monica's Reading Room

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (last edited Jan 02, 2018 09:08PM) (new)

Monica | 357 comments Welcome to my little corner of Goodreads. This year, my goal is to once again read 120 books. I'm almost positive that I will go over this amount but reading 10 books a month never seems overwhelming.

Also, after starting a limited edition Kindle book bundle late last year, I found that some books that I read may not have a listing on the site. This prevents me from adding them to my shelves/reading challenge but they will still be tracked here.

I will do my best to control any spoilers but if I make a mistake, I apologize in advance. Hope that everyone has a great reading year!

message 2: by Monica (new)

Monica | 357 comments Book #1

Whodunnit? Murder in Mystery Manor (Whodunnit?, #1) by Anthony E. Zuiker

Date Read: January 1, 2018

I'm not a big audiobook fan but I listened to this while I practiced painting. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed it. I chose to only listen to it while I painted so it did take me a couple days to get through it. I believe that this book is related to a reality show with the same name and I'd love to watch it.

message 3: by Monica (new)

Monica | 357 comments I've been reading the Fire and Fantasy bundle since October and I've only completely given up on one of the stories so far. Undertow:The Complete Novel might have turned out to be a great story but I just couldn't get into it. There was so much unique fantasy information thrown at me right at the beginning which was very confusing. After 5 chapters, new things were still being introduced and I was still as lost as I was when I started. I hated to throw in the towel but it had to be done.

message 4: by Monica (last edited Mar 08, 2018 10:32PM) (new)

Monica | 357 comments I've fallen really behind on my reading this year but there is still plenty of time to catch up. I'd planned on doing mini reviews here on each book I read but I completely forgot about that. I still want to do that so I will do my best to stick to it.

To update my last post, I completely stopped reading the Fire and Fantasy bundle. I got really bored with it and finally just decided to shelve it. There is always a chance that I'll give it another shot but I doubt that it will be anytime soon.

For the past week or so, I've been consumed with finding a mermaid book that I really want to re-read but I can't remember the title or author's name. Unless I completely imagined this story, I includes a race of people (I believe they descended from Cain) that adapted to living underwater after Noah's flood. They don't have tails yet but eventually some babies are born with the tail mutation. A few scenes that I remember include the mermaids surfacing and viewing Noah's post-flood life on land and the tail-less mermaids eventually moving onto land but still remaining close to the sea. I am 75% sure that this book exists and this is going to bother me until I find it.

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Monica wrote: "I've fallen really behind on my reading this year but there is still plenty of time to catch up...."

That's the spirit Monica!

I'm afraid I can't help you find your book.... Did a google search but nothing came up. Will keep my fingers crossed that you'll remember!!

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica | 357 comments Susy wrote: "Monica wrote: "I've fallen really behind on my reading this year but there is still plenty of time to catch up...."

That's the spirit Monica!

I'm afraid I can't help you find your book.... Did a ..."

Thank you so much for looking. I've written down every single book I've read since about 2013 and I can't find this book anywhere. I know that I have to be overlooking it so if I ever find it, I'm announcing it to the world lol

message 7: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Lol, well it sure has made me curious! So I hope you’ll discover or remember it soon 😄

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele (llama888) | 108 comments Monica wrote: "I've fallen really behind on my reading this year but there is still plenty of time to catch up. I'd planned on doing mini reviews here on each book I read but I completely forgot about that. I sti..."

Hi Monica,
Have you considered going onto Reddit to find your book? There is a very nice subreddit (r/books) of book readers who could help you. I could post there for you and see what they can figure out.
Michele

message 9: by Monica (new)

Monica | 357 comments I've never used Reddit but it sounds like a good idea. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele (llama888) | 108 comments Please let us know if you find your book!