Dungeons & Dragons Experiment discussion

General > On/off

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

The landmaster (landonzea) | 314 comments Mod
I can respond periodically during school hours. So for rotation based stuff like the roll for shoes, I should be fine. I think. In the afternoons I do a lot of work on the computer, so I can just leave a tab open and I should be good for anything. Evenings are pretty busy for me...but you might see me periodically. So yeah. Weekends will probably be hit and miss.

message 2: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

Austin | 880 comments Mod
Hey Q when is the times you will be most likely on?

message 3: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

Quemares | 279 comments Mod
Uhhhh...That's a tough one. It all depends on what I have planned for the day. I mean, I'll try to be on most of the time that I'm awake, but some days I might barely have time to look at my phone, let alone roleplay.

message 4: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

You're good. Student?

message 5: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

The landmaster wrote: "You're good. Student?"

Not at the moment. Next year, I will go back to University but for now, I gotta go job-hunting.

message 6: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

Yup, I feel ya. Been there before. Good luck man.

message 7: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (last edited Jan 13, 2018 09:09PM) (new)

Not currently; I'm working. So, in a similar boat with Q.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments Anyone on?

message 9: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

Gooooood morning Vietnam! I'm up, I'm on, and I'm it. Or something like that.

message 10: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

Aaaaaaaand it's thy turn on both RFS and DnD. Just saying

message 11: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

I'm gettin' there, I'm getting' there...

message 12: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

I'll be on for another hr and a half or so. Who wants to bet people log in at an hour and 25 min? Any takers?

message 13: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

well I'm waiting for kat for everything.

message 14: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

I've been watching Critical Role for the last hour waiting for everyone to take their turn XD

message 15: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

preparing my modern campaign but yeah same boat.

message 16: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

Mmmm....Hey, maybe we could tweak the order. I mean, we just need the DM and then each player take their turn. The players don't have to be in any order, just only one turn so no one gets left behind.

message 17: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (last edited Jan 15, 2018 04:20PM) (new)

I'm down, but we'll still be waiting for Kat before too long. Not that that's a bad thing, I think she deserves points for not being on the computer all day.

message 18: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

I nominate Austin. Unless you want me to go first? I just want to avoid simul-posting.

message 19: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

In the group i run my rule of thumb is that if the person does not respond in a day with a group of people, then we skip them.

message 20: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

I feel like that sounds fair if they didn't give you any warning. But in her defense, she mentioned that she might not be able to make it, and it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet. I'd be up for making some kind of a skipping system though, if it helps the group run smoother.

message 21: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

I agree, but I got no ideas on that.

message 22: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

No comment in 12 hours and we can skip you twice, no comment in 24 hours and we'll skip you as much as we want, no comment in 3 days and you're removed from the campaign? DM's are excluded and we'll modify the rules if we have ample warning?

message 23: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

We can try it, which ones will this be active on?

message 24: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

I say all of them, but seeing as neither of us are mods, it’s just a friendly suggestion thus far.

message 25: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

As of now, we are just trying to see what works or not. I would rather change the 12 hours to 16 hours, taking into considerations different time zones. But besides that, I think we are good. Although, let's wait for everyone to see this before starting to enact it.

message 26: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

I think I will put up a thread with all this "rules" some time later. Like the order thing, the time limit, etc...

message 27: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

What time zones are you all in?

message 28: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

GMT-3

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments EST I won't be on most of the day Tuesday. Maybe really late, but that's depending on how tired I am after getting up at 4:30 and working twelve hours.

message 30: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

I’m at Mountain time -07:00. I’m thinking Kat lives in eastern or Atlantic time, looking at her posts.

message 31: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

Heading out for a couple hours in a minute or two.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments I'm back guys! Sorry for the wait. Literally worked for my local elections office for 12 hours and had a dozen voters. >:|

message 33: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

Ugh, I hate those kinds of days. You just wait, and wait, and then...you wait. Being bored is the worst, so much wasted potential. Do you not have internet connection there?

message 34: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

Also, I’m just sitting my family down for dinner. I’ll be busy for an hour or so, but I should be open after that.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments The landmaster wrote: "Ugh, I hate those kinds of days. You just wait, and wait, and then...you wait. Being bored is the worst, so much wasted potential. Do you not have internet connection there?"

((I could have, if I were allowed to use electronics, but nooo... And what's worse, I forgot a book. I literally just ate delicious BBQ pork and junkfood and talked (mostly listened) to a bunch of old people, as I was the only one there under sixty. Oh, And I solved a newspaper crossword puzzle and a ScrabbleGrams puzzle with a perfect score, which I was proud of. I have done this job before since 2012 and I always really enjoy it, but never have we been So. Darn. Dead. And I heard of another precinct that only got 4 voters. I feel their pain. Good thing the people I worked with were actually extremely entertaining.

message 36: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

Aight, I’m back.

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments I've gotta go. Be on tomorrow.

message 38: by The Batman (Reagan) (last edited Jan 17, 2018 09:21PM) (new)

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments I'm here waiting for sunrise to see if I have to be at at work or if my boss's boss will tell me I got up and ready for no good reason due to a few snowflakes. We freak out over snow here cause we've all apparently never seen it before. '~'

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments I gotta go, guys!

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments Kät {school will determine my activity} wrote: "I’m heading to bed. It’s almost 12:30 A.M. and I need my beauty rest :P"

Same. We live in the same time zone.

message 41: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

Alright, so now I know that you people are two hours behind from me.

message 42: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

11:30 where I'm at

message 43: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

hopping off for an hour or so.

message 44: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

My job today is pretty monotonous, so I should be good for most of the day.

message 45: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

cool we can probably finish making your character today then.

message 46: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

What else do you need to know?

message 47: by Austin, CEO of the world's largest and most evil Megacorperation (new)

At this point the only thing left to do is to add how the timeline of events shaped his life.

message 48: by The landmaster, Cool dude. Inactive. (new)

Well, sayonara. I'm offline till monday, so my characters are up for grabs. I think I'll start with just letting anyone control them, and if I feel like it's not working out I'll limit it to only specific people, but I don't think that's going to be an issue.

Also, I'm sure Q is tired of hearing this, but could I start my own campaign? Being the DM just seems like it'd be fun. Or maybe I could start a colosseum? I put out a monster and accept the people interested in fighting it, we follow DnD rules and see who wins, then repeat?

I'm up for whatever. Later gators!

message 49: by The Batman (Reagan) (last edited Jan 21, 2018 06:27AM) (new)

The Batman (Reagan) (thebatman7424) | 0 comments The landmaster wrote: "Well, sayonara. I'm offline till monday, so my characters are up for grabs. I think I'll start with just letting anyone control them, and if I feel like it's not working out I'll limit it to only s..."
The colosseum sounds cool. You could also have battle royales and put the characters against eachother. Of course we'd need to level up quite a bit, especially in Cricket's case, to even have a snowball's chance in hell at surviving even for a bit.

message 50: by Quemares, Chilean Game Master- Inactive (new)

@Landmaster: I will make you a mod whenever I get the chance (Which is probably going to be tonight). Both ideas are great so whichever one you do.....go right ahead once you are mod.

« previous 1