Historical Romance Book Club discussion

Chamber Pot > Bond Street (Sales and Freebies) 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 497 (497 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) This is the spot to post freebies and sales and all around good buys on books. So let's get this 2018 started, shall we?

message 2: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels The Birthday Scandal .99

Surrendering to the Rake by Georgette Brown Surrendering to the Rake FREE, listed as super steamy so there is that.

Corva The Perfect Bride (The Brides of Paradise Ranch, #1) by Merry Farmer Corva: The Perfect Bride FREE, conversely this one lists as sweet and clean.

An Extraordinary Union (The Loyal League #1) by Alyssa Cole An Extraordinary Union 2.99

Ever Crave the Rose (The Elizabethan Time Travel, #3) by Morgan O'Neill Ever Crave the Rose .99, TT

The Scottish Highland Series Beloved Impostor, Beloved Stranger, and Beloved Warrior by Patricia Potter Consuming Fire 1.99

Silver Storm (Raveneau, #1) by Cynthia Wright Silver Storm FREE

If the Earl Only Knew (The Daring Marriages, #1) by Amanda Forester If the Earl Only Knew FREE

Moonlight On My Mind (Second Sons, #3) by Jennifer McQuiston Moonlight On My Mind .99, Jennifer McQuiston alert!

His Wicked Reputation (Wicked Trilogy, #1) by Madeline Hunter His Wicked Reputation 2.99

A Lady's Code of Misconduct (Rules for the Reckless, #5) by Meredith Duran A Lady's Code of Misconduct 1.99, Meredith Duran alert!

message 3: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 4060 comments Mod
Hey, Ally. Check your thread name. Looks like you pulled a January.

Silver Storm is an American Revolution story, I believe, that could be used for the challenge this month. I recall enjoying it, but it's been awhile.

message 4: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Joanna wrote: "Hey, Ally. Check your thread name. Looks like you pulled a January.

Silver Storm is an American Revolution story, I believe, that could be used for the challenge this month. I recall enjoying it, ..."

Lol, it's late! I'm tired and it's Monday, er, Tuesday. Fixed. And thanks for the h/t. Grabbed the book.

message 5: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1) by Leigh LaValle The Runaway Countess .99

The Widow And The Rogue by Beverly Adam The Widow And The Rogue .99

The Reluctant Duke (A Seabrook Family Saga, #1) by Christine Donovan The Reluctant Duke FREE

Hope For Mr. Darcy (Hope Trilogy, #1) by Jeanna Ellsworth Hope For Mr. Darcy FREE, calling all P & P fans

Between Heaven and Hell (Lonesome Hearts, #1) by Jacqui Nelson Between Heaven and Hell FREE, takes place in America, might be an interesting choice for the American category if you're doing the RATA challenge.

Brides of Beckham (Brides of Beckham, #1-4) by Kirsten Osbourne Brides of Beckham FREE, mail order jackpot if that's your thing

Sweet Savage Eden (North American Woman Trilogy, #1) by Heather Graham Sweet Savage Eden (North American Woman Trilogy, #1) by Heather Graham 1.99, looks like it's an old school read

For the Love of the Viscount by Callie Hutton For the Love of the Viscount .99, Callie Hutton alert

Italian Sonata (Noire #2) by Emmanuelle de Maupassant Italian Sonata FREE, gothic romance, another possible choice for the RATA challenge for Around the World category

Crimes of the Brothers by D.L. Carter Crimes of the Brothers FREE, I nabbed this one. It looks fascinating.

Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey Love Only Once 1.99, Johanna Lindsey alert!

message 6: by Becca (new)

Becca | 209 comments Thanks for starting this new list of freebies, Ally! I'll start watching and add any I find as well :) I often find new books on here! Happy New Year!

message 7: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Becca wrote: "Thanks for starting this new list of freebies, Ally! I'll start watching and add any I find as well :) I often find new books on here! Happy New Year!"

Excellent. Especially if you notice any Darcy Burke on sale ;)

message 8: by Becca (last edited Jan 04, 2018 07:13AM) (new)

Becca | 209 comments Ally wrote: "Excellent. Especially if you notice any Darcy Burke on sale ;) .."

Her Wicked Ways (Secrets & Scandals #1) by Darcy Burke Her Wicked Ways is free on Kindle. This is book 1 of a series I've been wanting to read of hers. Two other books in this series are $0.99. I also want to read her treasure series since she is releasing a new book for the series this year (neither of those books is on sale though right now).

message 9: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Jan 04, 2018 01:43PM) (new)

message 10: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (ursi) | 283 comments Just picked this one up, Debby. Always looking to try new authors! Thanks for the tip.

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela | 25 comments "Her Wicked Ways" is really good, I loved it!

message 12: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 658 comments Ursula wrote: "Just picked this one up, Debby. Always looking to try new authors! Thanks for the tip."

UW

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments M/M HR The Duke in Denial The Duke in Denial (Scandal in Sussex, #1) by Alexandra Ainsworth by Alexandra Ainsworth is free in the US kindle store.

message 14: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Lady Lissa's Liaison (To Woo an Heiress, #1) by Lindsay Randall .99

My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1) by Vonda Sinclair free

The Widow And The Rogue by Beverly Adam .99

The Dangerous Duke of Dinnisfree (A Whisper of Scandal #5) by Julie Johnstone .99. That cover. Reow!

message 15: by Al George (last edited Jan 06, 2018 06:26AM) (new)

Al George (georgieme) Rescued by the Dark Duke (Dark Destinations, #1) by Allyson Jeleyne Rescued by the Dark Duke .99

Never Love a Scoundrel (Secrets & Scandals #5) by Darcy Burke Never Love a Scoundrel .99, Darcy Burke alert -
I nabbed this one, I mean seriously, one of my top new to me author's of 2017, had to!

The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1) by Grace Burrowes The Trouble with Dukes 2.99, Grace Burrowes alert

The Runaway Princess (Princess #1) by Christina Dodd The Runaway Princess 2.99

Stranded with the Scottish Earl by Anna Campbell Stranded with the Scottish Earl .99, Anna Campbell alert

Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell Claiming the Courtesan 2.99, Anna Campbell alert, this one comes with a forced consent warning

Enjoy

message 16: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1) by Tessa Dare The Duchess Deal 1.99, Tessa Dare alert

The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3) by Sarah MacLean The Day of the Duchess 1.99, Sarah MacLean alert

Falling for the Highlander (Highlanders, #4) by Lynsay Sands Falling for the Highlander 1.99, Lyndsay Sands alert

The Duke (Devil's Duke, #3) by Katharine Ashe The Duke 1.99, Katharine Ashe alert

The Duke (Victorian Rebels, #4) by Kerrigan Byrne The Duke 2.99, Kerrigan Byrne alert

Man, my Amazon gift certificates are burning a hole in my pocket!

Scandal's Daughter (Rogues & Gentlemen #3) by Emma V. Leech Scandal's Daughter FREE

A Stolen Season by Tamara Gill A Stolen Season .99, TT alert. Could work for the 2018 RATA challenge.

Highland Spring (Seasons of Fortitude Book 1) by Elizabeth Rose Highland Spring FREE, highlander category as well as medieval.

Tempting A Marquess (A Steamy Regency Romance Book 4) by Georgette Brown Tempting A Marquess FREE, Steamy alert

message 17: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Behind a Lady's Smile (The Lost Heiresses, #1) by Jane Goodger .99
A Love to Remember (The Disgraced Lords, #7) by Bronwen Evans .99
Captivated by His Kiss by Cheryl Bolen .99
To Capture Mr. Darcy A Pride and Prejudice Variation Novel by Elizabeth Ann West .99
A Lady of Letters by Jacqueline Diamond .99
MacFarland's Lass (Scottish Lasses #1) by Glynnis Campbell free
Pirate's Bride by Lynette Vinet free
Highland Spring (Seasons of Fortitude Book 1) by Elizabeth Rose free

message 19: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Kilts and Kisses (Kilts and Kisses #1) by Victoria Roberts Kilts and Kisses .99

A Deal With the Devil (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #4) by Liz Carlyle A Deal With the Devil .99

Lady Eleanor's Seventh Suitor (The Sutherland Sisters, #1) by Anna Bradley Lady Eleanor's Seventh Suitor .99

Goddess Born (Goddess Born, #1) by Kari Edgren Goddess Born .99, Historical PNR. I have to admit, I am intrigued by this one.

The Husband Tree (Montana Marriages, #2) by Mary Connealy The Husband Tree .49, Western category for the RATA challenge?

Never Kiss a Highlander (The McTiernays, #6) by Michele Sinclair Never Kiss a Highlander 1.99

Unmasked Heart (Challenge of the Soul #1) by Vanessa Riley Unmasked Heart FREE

RNWMP Bride for Nolan (Mail Order Mounties, #3) by Cassie Hayes RNWMP: Bride for Nolan FREE, mail order bride action

The Questing by Kathryn Le Veque The Questing FREE, Kathryn Le Veque alert. Medieval category?

Saving Grace by Beverley Oakley Saving Grace FREE, courtesan alert

Seeing Danger (Sinclair and Raven #2) by Wendy Vella Seeing Danger FREE, "supernatural regency"

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments The audio edition of The Questing The Questing by Kathryn Le Veque by Kathryn Le Veque is performed by a narrator of amazing talent. It’s the same guy who narrated The Crusader's Bride (The Champions of Saint Euphemia, #1) by Claire Delacroix and The Crusader's Heart (The Champions of Saint Euphemia, #2) by Claire Delacroix by Claire Delacroix both found in Hoopla. It’s THIS narrator and the sublime Cornelius Garret narrator of The Reluctant Widow by Georgette Heyer that both make me prefer a male narrator for HR.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments Un-PC ALERT!

Midsummer Magic (Magic Trilogy, #1) by Catherine Coulter Midsummer Magic by Catherine Coulter .

Y’all might want to stay away from this.

message 22: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "The audio edition of The Questing The Questing by Kathryn Le Veque by Kathryn Le Veque is performed by a narrator of amazing talent. It’s the same guy who narrated..."

Thanks for the tip. Will see if it's available at my library.

message 23: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1961 comments I read A Deal With the Devil last year and enjoyed it. I'd grab it at that price.

message 24: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Jan 13, 2018 02:11PM) (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 658 comments Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "The audio edition of The Questing The Questing by Kathryn Le Veque by Kathryn Le Veque is performed by a narrator of amazing talent. It’s the same guy who narrated..."

I think the narrator's last name is Campbell...not sure what his first name is. But he narrates very well. I've listened to him in other novels I think is was a few by Christi Caldwell.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments @Debby

I’m definitely a fan of Campbell’s narrative skills.

I’m going to look around to see if he has other HR titles!

message 26: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Jan 13, 2018 02:47PM) (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 658 comments Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "@Debby

I’m definitely a fan of Campbell’s narrative skills.

I’m going to look around to see if he has other HR titles!"

@Andrea... you can do a search on his name on Amazon and it will probably bring up novels he's narrated (Tim Campbell)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments THanks Debby!

I wasn’t sure what to do to find his other books since he isn’t an author.

message 28: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 150 comments Thanks, Ally, for these deals.

I got Katherine's book and looked up the narrator. His name is Tim Campbell. From the samples, he does have a great range. Here's a list of audiobooks I found by him.

Audible books by Tim Campbell

He's narrated quite a few HR ones. I've got to go back through more slowly and see what I might enjoy. He's narrated lots of books by Julie Johnstone.

Audible books by Tim Campbell

message 29: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 658 comments Kathy wrote: "Thanks, Ally, for these deals.

I got Katherine's book and looked up the narrator. His name is Tim Campbell. From the samples, he does have a great range. Here's a list of audiobooks I found by him..."

Thanks Kathy

message 30: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Please check, some of these may or may not still be on sale.

All I Ever Needed (Compass Club, #3) by Jo Goodman .99
A Study in Scoundrels (Romancing the Rules, #2) by Christy Carlyle 1.99
My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1) by Vonda Sinclair FREE, grabbed this one for RATA Highlander category.
Samantha's Secret (A More Perfect Union, #3) by Betty Bolte .99
To Bewitch A Highlander (Isle Of Mull, #1) by Lily Baldwin FREE, another highlander book
Twice As Wicked (Wicked Secrets, #1) by Elizabeth Bright .99 - have any of you read Elizabeth Bright? I think want this one but am hesitant till I hear from others.
The Duke's Undoing (Six Rogues and Their Ladies #1) by G.G. Vandagriff FREE
Gods and Monsters by V.R. Christensen FREE
Bound to a Spy (All the Queen's Spies, #2) by Sharon Cullen 1.99
Shadowheart (Medieval Hearts, #2) by Laura Kinsale .99, Laura Kinsale alert. There is mention of rape in one of the reviews I read.

message 31: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

I haven’t read Elizabeth Bright, but I do have that one on my TBR. So... I will if you do ;)

message 32: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Joanna wrote: "I haven’t read Elizabeth Bright, but I do have that one on my TBR. So... I will if you do ;)"

One clicked! Hoping this is a good one.

message 33: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Done! Future Buddy Read?

message 34: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Joanna wrote: "Done! Future Buddy Read?"

Excellent idea!

message 35: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) The usual warnings to double check prices.

Dark Desires (Dark Gothic #1) by Eve Silver Dark Desires Free. Gothic time!

Intertwine (House of Oak, #1) by Nichole Van Intertwine Free. I have yet to run into anyone who disliked this book. TT at its best. It's in my TBR pile.

The Duke's Romantic Endeavors A 25-Book Regency Romance Box Set by Abigail Haversham The Duke's Romantic Endeavors: A 25-Book Regency Romance Box Set .99. 25 books? Goodness.

The New Marquess (Wardington Park) (A Regency Romance Book) by Eleanor Meyers The New Marquess (Wardington Park) .99

Heroes of Medieval Wales Daughter of Time/Cold My Heart/The Good Knight/The Last Pendragon Four First-in-Series Romances by Sarah Woodbury Heroes of Medieval Wales: Daughter of Time/Cold My Heart/The Good Knight/The Last Pendragon: Four First-in-Series Romances Free. Get your medieval on!

Glory (Florida Civil War, #5) by Heather Graham Glory 1.99. Heather Graham alert.

The Rookery Rogues Volume 1 (The Rookery Rogues Book #1-3) by Erica Monroe The Rookery Rogues: Volume 1 .99. I read one of the books in this series. It took a bit to get into it, but once I did, I really enjoyed.

Duke of a Gilded Age by S.G. Rogers Duke of a Gilded Age Free

Montana Surrender by Trana Mae Simmons Montana Surrender .99

Bound to the Highlander (Highland Chiefs, #1) by Kate Robbins Bound to the Highlander .99

The Highlander's Princess Bride (The Improper Princesses, #3) by Vanessa Kelly The Highlander's Princess Bride 1.99

All I Ever Needed (Compass Club, #3) by Jo Goodman All I Ever Needed .99

The Earl Next Door (The Bachelor Lords of London, #1) by Charis Michaels The Earl Next Door 1.99. Has anyone in the group read this one?

message 36: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 658 comments Ally wrote: "The usual warnings to double check prices.

Dark Desires (Dark Gothic #1) by Eve SilverDark Desires Free. Gothic time!

Intertwine (House of Oak, #1) by Nichole VanIntertwine Free. I have ..."

Enjoyed the Daughter of Time in the Medieval collection.

message 37: by Angela (new)

Angela | 25 comments I won't read anything more by Abigail Haversham, the editing and grammar in her books is HORRIBLE. Turned me off from never buying or reading anything of hers ever again

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments Frederica Frederica by Georgette Heyer by Georgette Heyer is £.99 at Amazon UK via book Bookbub.

Although I’m a big fan of Georgette Heyer’s romances, some titles are just not a good introduction to her romances. THIS on is an excellent title for a first read of her work and is a huge favorite with her fans.

I’m not sure of the exchange rate of £.99 vs $.99 USD, but her books as far as I can tell have never sold in the US for $.99. Usually a deep discount for her books is a markdown to $2.99 that takes place around the time of her birthday. Her books at a “regular” price is rather high.

message 39: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Frederica Frederica by Georgette Heyer by Georgette Heyer is £.99 at Amazon UK via book Bookbub.

Although I’m a big fan of Georgette Heyer’s romances,..."

This was my first GH and I adored it. Cannot recommend this book enough. Thanks for sharing.

message 40: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Highland Yearning (The Mackay Saga) by Dawn Ireland Highland Yearning FREE. TT so might be a winner for the RATA challenge?

Pure Sin by Susan Johnson Pure Sin 1.99. This appears to be more in the line of HR erotica from what I can tell.

The Devil Wears Plaid by Teresa Medeiros The Devil Wears Plaid 1.99. Would love to do a BR of this one if anyone buys it.

A Mail-Order Heart (Miners to Millionaires, #1) by Janelle Daniels A Mail-Order Heart FREE

Giovanna The Cowboy's Calabrese Mail Order Bride (Sweet Land of Liberty Brides #1) by Lorena Dove Giovanna: The Cowboy's Calabrese Mail Order Bride FREE. More mail order action

The Viper (Highland Guard, #4) by Monica McCarty The Viper 1.99. Monica McCarty alert

My One True Highlander (No Ordinary Hero, #2) by Suzanne Enoch My One True Highlander 1.99. Suzanne Enoch alert. Has anyone read this one? Is it worth it?

Madame's Deception (Mistress Trilogy, #2) by Renee Bernard Madame's Deception 1.99.

message 41: by Lorien (new)

Lorien | 389 comments The Enoch book s actually 2.99, I have not read it, but I am a sucker for her books.

I am tempted by The Devil Wears Plaid though.

message 42: by Al George (new)

Al George (georgieme) Lorien wrote: "The Enoch book s actually 2.99, I have not read it, but I am a sucker for her books.

I am tempted by The Devil Wears Plaid though."

Yikes. The sale price must have passed. Sorry I missed that one.

message 43: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1961 comments Hmm. I read the Devil Wears Plaid blurb and liked it, even though I hate those kinds of 'bad pun/ play on pop culture' titles. BUT it's just regular price on amazon australia and my tbr is already RIDICULOUS. So, no...... not at this time Ally.

message 44: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 150 comments Freebie:
[image error] Wake Me With a Kiss: A Fairy Tale Retelling (Regency Fairy Twists Book 1) http://amzn.to/2BocsjT

There are four short books in this series. The first one is free. The others are 99 cents each. These are labeled as clean romances.

message 45: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Kathy wrote: "Freebie:

Wake Me With a Kiss: A Fairy Tale Retelling (Regency Fairy Twists Book 1) http://amzn.to/2BocsjT

There are four short books in this series. The first one is free. The others are 99 c..."

Thank you, Kathy. I read her Alrek and loved it. So, grabbed this one:)

message 46: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 150 comments Priya wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Freebie:

Wake Me With a Kiss: A Fairy Tale Retelling (Regency Fairy Twists Book 1) http://amzn.to/2BocsjT

There are four short books in this series. The first one is free. The ot..."

That's good to hear. So are all her romances clean? There were some that seemed to be labeled steamy.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments Kathy,

Not all of Samantha Holt's romances are "clean." I have read two and they were mainstream HR.

message 48: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 150 comments Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Kathy,

Not all of Samantha Holt's romances are "clean." I have read two and they were mainstream HR."

Thank, Andrea. I think I should like to try some of her mainstream romances. [image error] Waiting for a Rogue Like You http://amzn.to/2DyqiSu is on sale for 99 cents. I own the first book in the series. So I could start with it.

message 49: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Kathy wrote: There were some that seemed to be labeled steamy.
."

I love steamy. I am not sure if all her books are 'clean'. I read only the one book.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10