Kannapolis Paranormal Booksuckers discussion

2018 scavenger hunt

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (chey1) | 652 comments Mod
I have created a list of things that one might find in a paranormal book and I challenge you to find 21 of the items on the list.
Goal-21 items
The Rules

Basic Idea:
Find each of these things in a book that you have read in 2018. You only need to find 21 items. The items do not have to be a major part of the book so if you see a statue of a private detective it would count as one of your items.
You can be creative and interpret your word in a different manner: For instance, in the case of fire, it can be a physical fire or the fire mentioned in a characters eyes. If you are unsure of whether or not an item would count, just ask.
All kinds of books count in this except for rereads. If you have read it in the past year it will not count. Any type of book will count as long as it is over 32 pages. So you can read a biography, a graphic novel, audiobooks, a children's book..whatever you want to read is fair game.
You can not use the same book for multiple items. If you find a book that has a magic potion and a ghost, you have to decide which item you want use it for.
Post your items as you find them. It is ok to cheat off other people if they post something that you have read.

The main idea for this challenge is to have fun so enjoy :)
1) A character with your name
2) Poem
3) Fire
4) Library
5) Storm
6) Music
7) Dog
8) Holiday
9) Super Hero
10) Leather
11) Social media
12) Staff
13) Blade
14) Teacher
15) Cupcake
16) Serial Killer
17) Bathroom
18) Twins
19) Plague
20) Blood
21) A sport
22) Mermaid
23) Small town
24) Plants
25) Serial killer
Start Date: January 01, 2018
End Date: December 31, 2018

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Teacher: How to claim an undead soul How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2) by Hailey Edwards

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Holiday: Ascension by Zoe Parker Ascension (Facets of Feyrie, 2) by Zoe Parker - new to our world, Iza discovers the joy of Halloween and Thanksgiving. I loved that she wanted to cook the biggest bird so she cooked an ostrich (and left a plastic spoon on it while it cooked. Whoops!)

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 9 comments Smoke Gets in Your Eyes And Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty

Fire - the author works as a crematory operator.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 9 comments Blood - the Haunted

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 9 comments Super Hero - All New Wolverine: the four sisters

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Katherine wrote: "Super Hero - All New Wolverine: the four sisters"
Was this good?

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 9 comments Yes - but i didn’t know that wolverine was “dead” so I guess I missed a step somewhere - but they did a lot of other superhero tie-ins with it like dr. Strange but there weren’t any other X-men characters so that was a bit of a bummer. I checked it out from the library to see if it was appropriate for middle school - it’s not :)

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 9 comments Library - gather the daughters

message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 9 comments Poem - Present Over Perfect