Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 96k YA/NA contemporary, handles LGBT dating violence

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (functionalbookaholic) Hello there! I am looking to swap manuscripts with another writer for feedback. I am revising the manuscript at the moment with the comments of trusted friends and would love a fresh set of eyes. I am willing to read anything genre-wise, topicality wise (I am comfortable reading most triggering topics), and would be happy to offer honest and constructive feedback. As a beta, my strengths are primarily character-driven, but I am not too shabby with plot or flow either.

Thank you for your time!
~Cassandra

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann | 16 comments Hi Cassandra,

I should have my manuscript completed the first part of February. It is an NA contemporary novel. I would be interested in swapping with you. I am comfortable with reading most things.
If you are interested, I would start reviewing yours right away and would send mine when complete or the first 14 chapters that are self-edited and ready to go.
I am part of a critique group and have done a fair amount of beta reading thus far.
If interested you can get a hold of me at kaddallaire@gmail.com

message 3: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 140 comments Hello, Cassandra,

Are you still looking for Cps? I'd love to have someone to discuss ideas and swap manuscripts with, and it's awesome that you like to focus on character-driven pieces. That's what I do best with as well, so hopefully we can have a lot of ideas to exchange.

Maybe you could give me a little more information/a short summary on your manuscript? It sounds potentially super interesting, but it would be cool to know a little more.

I'm looking for help with a historical fiction project, set during WWII in Poland and the UK. There's some violence, nothing too excessive, as it does take place during a war.
As for me, I'm cool with reading pretty much anything. It takes a lot to offend me. ;)

If you think you might be interested, please let me know and we can exchange first chapters and see how it goes. I can also send a summary of my own story if you'd like.

You can message me here or at AWCardiff @ gmail.com

Thanks! Hope to hear from you.
Anna