What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

I Dreamed of Africa
This topic is about I Dreamed of Africa
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Nonfiction - English transplants to Africa. Start animal sanctuary and family. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Eddings | 4 comments Beautiful story. Son is killed by asp that he loves.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

message 3: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Eddings | 4 comments No sorry, I don’t think I entered the information in the right places. This book is based on a tru story. Based in Africa. A couple who moves from either Italy or England. They start an animal sanctuary and a family. Their son is killed by s snake, an animal that he loved

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4985 comments No, you did it right. I haven't read The River, but I've seen the Pierre Renoir movie, and it's about an English family in India, narrated by the daughter, who's based on the author. Her little brother plays with snakes, she doesn't tell anyone, and one day he's bitten and he dies. I'm sorry, I know yours is in Africa, but I just thought I'd suggest it.

message 5: by Aerulan (last edited Jan 03, 2018 09:53PM) (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments Do you have any sense of when it took place or the time when it was written?
Something recent/contemporary or more in the past?

ETA if you haven't tried it already this list might be worth looking through
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/9...

message 6: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Eddings | 4 comments I read the book in the 90’s. Feel like it was set in 70’s or 80’s

message 8: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Eddings | 4 comments That’s the one !!! Thank you, thank you!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The River (other topics)
I Dreamed of Africa (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kuki Gallmann (other topics)