Just One More Page! discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celia (new)

Celia  (celiaisreading) | 60 comments Mod
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! IT´S 2018!!!

Any parts of the books/movies that makes you cry?

Hm...where do I start. In the books:
Sirius´ death
Dumbledore´s death
Pretty much since chapter 32 "The Elder Wand" in Deathly Hallows

In the movies:
Sirius´death
Dumbledore´s death
Dobby´s death
And kind of the whole Battle of Hogwarts (Fred´s death, Tonks and Lupin´s death, Snape´s memories, James, Lily, Sirius and Lupin encouragin Harry, Hagrid carrying Harry´s "dead" body, everybody thinking Harry died...)

message 2: by Baya (new)

Baya (baya_ohana) | 34 comments SPOILERS

In the books:
After Sirius died (but not because of his death but rather Harry’s confrontation with Bellatrix and Voldemort made me cry)
Any time Harry mentioned he was Dumbledore’s man (basically when they went to retrieve the Horcrux in HBP)
After Dumbledore died (but not because of his death, but rather Harry’s confrontation with Snape which made me deeply upset and tired + I cried)
From the Battle of Hogwarts to the end.

Movies:
Weirdly enough, I don’t cry at all watching the movies. Sometimes I get a bit emotional but other then that, not really.

message 3: by Celia (new)

In the movies, what really destroys me is seeing Harry shouting because of Sirius' death and Lupin holding him. O can't imagine how much Lupin must be suffering there, after loosing Sirius and he still holds Harry so he doesnt go after Bellatrix.

In the books what made me cry in Dumbledores's death is everyone being devastated he died (Harry, McGonagall, Hagrid...)

message 4: by Baya (new)

Baya (baya_ohana) | 34 comments Celia wrote: "In the movies, what really destroys me is seeing Harry shouting because of Sirius' death and Lupin holding him. O can't imagine how much Lupin must be suffering there, after loosing Sirius and he s..."

I was actually spoiled for all the deaths in Harry Potter so none of them were really sad for me because I felt like I grieved the character before I got to their death.

message 5: by Celia (new)

I already knew Dumbledore died because my sister had told me he died and where he died.
I remember I was reading the part when Harry and Dumbledore arrive in Hogsmeade after being in the cave and my sister asked me what part was I reading, so I told her and she said "Oh, Dumbledore will in die in about 15 minutes".

I think I was also spoiled about Fred´s death, because I saw it somewhere but I don´t even remember haha