Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Incorrect isbn and reduntant entry

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gordon (new)

Gordon Leidner (greatamericanhistory) | 8 comments Noticed that I have two entries on my author page for the same book. One of them has the correct title but wrong ISBN, the other has an incorrect title but correct ISBN.

The one with the correct title is the closest to true; title is "The Civil War: Voices of Hope, Sacrifice and Courage" but the ISBN (1402292678) is wrong. ISBN for this book should be 1402292651.

The other book, which I would like to have deleted, has the correct ISBN number but incorrect title (The Civil War: Quotes, Quips, and Speeches). Not sure how that one got added (I presume it was my fault and I just noticed the mistake) because it was the old title that was changed by the publisher at the last minute.

I would appreciate the librarian's help, as this book (The Civil War: Voices of Hope, Sacrifice and Courage, ISBN 1402292651) will become a giveaway on Jan 7th. The giveaway currently is showing the mistaken title of The Civil War: Quotes, Quips, and Speeches.

Sorry I know this is confusing but Amazon has it right if you need a reference.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22780 comments Gordon, according to your Civil War: Voices of Hope, Sacrifice & Courage page there are 4 editions, 3 ebooks & 1 kindle edition. Worldcat has all 3 isbns for your ebook editions, so they are all correct.

I've changed the title of the hardcover edition, unfortunately I can't combine it with the other editions as combine is down for maintenance for about another 24 hours.

So you should be good to go for the giveaway.

message 3: by Gordon (new)

Gordon Leidner (greatamericanhistory) | 8 comments Sandra, thank you for your help! I presume that that means you will be able to combine the hard cover with the ebooks in a day or so?

Best wishes, Gordon

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22780 comments Yes, exactly.

message 5: by Gordon (new)

Gordon Leidner (greatamericanhistory) | 8 comments Again, many thanks Sandra.