Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > The Walking Dead S8

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Myst (new)

Myst | 398 comments I just caught up on TWD...is that male character (at the end) finally leaving? If so, whoo hoo!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 248 comments Oh geez, I don't get season 8 until around Sept/Oct next year (on DVD). But I often check out the trailer son youtube. OMG!!!! That's all I can say!

message 3: by Myst (new)

Myst | 398 comments Ben wrote: "Myst wrote: "I just caught up on TWD...is that male character (at the end) finally leaving? If so, whoo hoo!"

Supposedly, but I wouldn't put any silly thing past the TWD writers following the dump..."

Well its only taken 3 hours of programming over 2 eps to be rid of him.

And I'm an ep behind, but this has been an ongoing pet peeve of mine...we have groups of people who dont have "survival skills" generally such as growing food or building mechanical things.

With all this supplies scouting they do, did they never think to look for a bookstore or library for books on how to rough it, grow food etc? Make a basic water clensing system?

message 4: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 38 comments Anyone watching the opener this weekend? I'm barely hanging in there with it these days. Wanted something more than human bad guys to deal with, as a major plot direction.

message 5: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2889 comments Mod
I'll watch but I don't know how much longer I'll stick with it. The episodes shown in the next few weeks may be last for me.

message 6: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 693 comments I'll be watching too, but agree with both of you. It's just not the same anymore. :-(

message 7: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 38 comments Yeah, and spoiler alert ...

... not same without Sheriff Friendly

message 8: by Marie Helene (new)

Marie Helene | 694 comments I'll be watching the first episodes of S8, out of curiosity.

The Whisperers arc is a great one.

And Daryl being the leading man, maybe time for him to get a shower and a haircut 😉

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6830 comments I read this was renewed for a 10th season and that Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride signed new contracts which also included that even if they were to leave TWD, they would still appear on something else tied to the universe whether it be a another show, movie, etc. So it sounds like Daryl and Carol won't be going anywhere at least not right now.

message 10: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 693 comments Curious to know what everyone's thoughts are after watching the episode?

message 11: by Topher (new)

Topher | 129 comments Man oh man now we’re talking! The is sooo good. It was dragging last season but this season it redeemed itself big time. Tonight’s episode? It was pretty great all around except for all the damn commercials.

I think the new foes are going to be a handful and I think that the tin-man aka Neegan finally found his heart! Or just realized he doesn’t have his crew anymore and doesn’t want to be alone. Unless he just knows he can’t do it by himself.

And what’s up with that ginger? He’s in the cell talking to the new teenage girl. Do you think Daryl sat there long listening to them talk for long? She’s so going to spill the beans and then ...hell...I’m rambling...

...it was great!!

message 12: by John (new)

John Karr (karr) | 38 comments Ugh, recently switched to Firestick and the AMC app just kept spinning. Will try again tomorrow.

message 13: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Marie Helene wrote: "I'll be watching the first episodes of S8, out of curiosity.

The Whisperers arc is a great one.

And Daryl being the leading man, maybe time for him to get a shower and a haircut 😉"

Hahahahahaha! Love it.

message 14: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1601 comments Chris wrote: "I think that the tin-man aka Neegan finally found his heart! "

LOL. On Reddit, someone commented:

"And what happened, then? Well, in Alexandria they say – that Negan's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then – the true meaning of friendship came through, and Negan found the strength of ten Walkers, plus two!"

message 15: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller | 1871 comments I did not watch last season at all. I already knew the show was taking liberties with the storyline and not going by the comics, but ugh!! They dragged out the Saviors storyline entirely too long.

Now, we are finally on to the Whisperers and they "kill off" RIck!?? (We know he's not dead, but still!!)

In the comics, this was a great story arc, because you did not know immediately what the Whisperers were. Hopefully, it follows the comics to a certain degree.

Last nights episode was 'ai-ight'... LOL

message 16: by Luvtoread (new)

Luvtoread | 1852 comments I thought after watching last night that the rest of the season shows promise, glad to see some new inspiration. The Whisperers are scary so far, so I am curious to find out what their motive is!!

message 17: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 693 comments Yes I agree with you guys. I'm hopeful for these upcoming episodes!

message 18: by Alan (new)

Alan | 4644 comments Mod
It seems to have picked up a bit. If nothing else, the final scene was spectacular. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Whisperers.

message 19: by Alan (new)

Alan | 4644 comments Mod
Thus far this season has been pretty meh, but the last couple minutes of this week's episode...my jaw is still hanging wide open. Now THERE were twists I did not see coming....

message 20: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 693 comments Oh, I know, right?! Loved it!

message 21: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3442 comments We need to get this thread back up as season 10 will be starting July 26th. :)

Though I am playing catch up right now as I missed a couple of seasons so I am rewatching from the beginning as Netflix has all the seasons. I am in the middle of season 3 right now and have been binge watching them. lol

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6830 comments I thought it was season 11 that was starting soon, the final season. Looking it up, it's supposed to start August 22nd.

message 23: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 248 comments I don't stream TV, so I'm waiting for season 10 on DVD to come out in August. I'm a year behind always! Doesn't stopp me checking out trailers on YouTube though ;-)

message 24: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3442 comments Erin wrote: "I thought it was season 11 that was starting soon, the final season. Looking it up, it's supposed to start August 22nd."

Well yeah season 11 is coming in August, but what I meant is season 10 is coming to Netflix on the 26th of this month as Netflix only has the first 9 seasons on there. I don't have cable though as I only have a Firestick so I have Prime, Netflix, Discovery+ and a couple of others on there that I watch all the time. So I will have to wait till season 11 comes to Netflix to watch the final season of TWD. :)

message 25: by Marie (last edited Jul 20, 2021 06:26AM) (new)

Marie | 3442 comments Angela wrote: "I don't stream TV, so I'm waiting for season 10 on DVD to come out in August. I'm a year behind always! Doesn't stopp me checking out trailers on YouTube though ;-)"

I don't blame you on not streaming TV as I don't do all that either - too expensive. I am usually a year behind as well! I use to wait on the dvds to come out for shows as well, but now I have a firestick which is alot easier. :)

message 26: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6830 comments Marie wrote: "Erin wrote: "I thought it was season 11 that was starting soon, the final season. Looking it up, it's supposed to start August 22nd."

Well yeah season 11 is coming in August, but what I meant is s..."

Oh I see! I thought I saw something about TWD when I was looking at the upcoming releases on Netflix so it must have been for the release of season 10. Sometimes I think it would be great to cut the cable cord, even if that meant being behind on some shows, but I do love my DVR, lol.

message 27: by Marie (last edited Jul 21, 2021 06:11AM) (new)

Marie | 3442 comments Erin wrote: "Oh I see! I thought I saw something about TWD when I was looking at the upcoming releases on Netflix so it must have been for the release of season 10. Sometimes I think it would be great to cut the cable cord, even if that meant being behind on some shows, but I do love my DVR, lol...."

Totally understandable as I use to have a DVR too when I had cable but the problem with DVR is that I use to have tons of shows/movies on there but it was not unlimited so sometimes I would have to delete stuff when it became filled up which was a bummer! LOL That is one good thing about having dvds of your favorite shows/movies, but that can get expensive unless you get sales. :)

As far as season 10 - yeah - that is what is happening on July 26. :)

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6830 comments Marie wrote: "Erin wrote: "Oh I see! I thought I saw something about TWD when I was looking at the upcoming releases on Netflix so it must have been for the release of season 10. Sometimes I think it would be gr..."

For sure! Mine would probably be just as full but I don't have any movie channels anymore so I can't record any of those. I stopped watching TWD a few seasons ago but I wonder if it would be worth checking out the series finale to see how it all ends.