Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Yearly Challenges 2018 > Rina's 2018 Pop Sugar and Book Riot Challenges

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rina (last edited Dec 21, 2018 12:43PM) (new)

Rina | 14 comments Popsugar 2018 Reading Challenge
Duration: January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
Completed: 37/40

[x] A book made into a movie you’ve already seen - The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
[] True crime - Columbine by Dave Cullen
[x] The next book in a series you started - Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han
[x] A book involving a heist - On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1) by Cleo Coyle
[x] Nordic noir - Roseanna (Martin Beck, #1) by Maj Sjöwall
[x] A novel based on a real person - The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict
[x] A book set in a country that fascinates you - The Lost City of Z A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon by David Grann
[x] A book with a time of day in the title - Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton
[x] A book about a villain or antihero - Sea of Rust by C. Robert Cargill
[x] A book about death or grief - The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
[] A book with a female author who uses a male pseudonym
[x] A book with a LGBTQ+ protagonist - When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri
[x] A book that is also a stage play or musical - Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
[x] A book by an author of a different ethnicity than you - P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han
[x] A book about feminism - Blood Water Paint by Joy McCullough
[x] A book about mental health - Everything Here Is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee
[] A book you borrowed or that was given to you as a gift -
[x] A book by two authors - The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish
[x] A book about or involving a sport - To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han
[x] A book by a local author - The Gene Police (A Shep Harrington Smalltown Mystery) by Elliott Light
[x] A book with your favorite color in the title - Shades of Milk and Honey (Glamourist Histories, #1) by Mary Robinette Kowal
[x] A book with alliteration in the title - Copy Cap Murder (Hat Shop Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay
[x] A book about time travel - When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
[x] A book with a weather element in the title - Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher
[x] A book set at sea - Cinnamon and Gunpowder by Eli Brown
[x] A book with an animal in the title - Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody, #1) by Elizabeth Peters
[x] A book set on a different planet - The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner
[x] A book with song lyrics in the title - Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier
[x] A book about or set on Halloween - The Diva Haunts the House (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #5) by Krista Davis
[x] A book with characters who are twins - Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake
[x] A book mentioned in another book - A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle
[x] A book from a celebrity book club - Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
[x] A childhood classic you’ve never read - A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) by Michael Bond
[x] A book that’s published in 2018 - A Higher Loyalty Truth, Lies, and Leadership by James Comey
[x] A past Goodreads Choice Awards winner - Go Set a Watchman (To Kill a Mockingbird, #2) by Harper Lee
[x] A book set in the decade you were born - Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
[x] A book you meant to read in 2017 but didn’t get to - The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
[x] A book with an ugly cover - Batman, Volume 3 Death of the Family by Scott Snyder
[x] A book that involves a bookstore or library - Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan
[x] Your favorite prompt from the 2015,2016, or 2017 Popsugar Reading Challenges - Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (2015 - a book with a number in the title)

message 2: by Rina (last edited Aug 23, 2018 12:16PM) (new)

Rina | 14 comments Book Riot's 2018 Read Harder Challenge
Duration: January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018
Completed: 7/24

[] A book published posthumously
[] A book of true crime
[] A classic of genre fiction (i.e. mystery, sci fi/fantasy, romance)
[] A comic written and illustrated by the same person
[x] A book set in or about one of the five BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, or South Africa) - The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon
[] A book about nature
[] A western
[] A comic written or illustrated by a person of color
[] A book of colonial or postcolonial literature
[] A romance novel by or about a person of color
[x] A children’s classic published before 1980 - A Wrinkle in Time
[x] A celebrity memoir - Wishful Drinking
[] An Oprah Book Club selection
[] A book of social science
[] A one-sitting book
[x] The first book in a new-to-you YA or middle grade series - Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King
[x] A sci fi novel with a female protagonist by a female author - A Wrinkle in Time
[] A comic that isn’t published by Marvel, DC, or Image
[] A book of genre fiction in translation
[x] A book with a cover you hate - Batman, Volume 3: Death of the Family
[] A mystery by a person of color or LGBTQ+ author
[x] An essay anthology - The Last Black Unicorn
[] A book with a female protagonist over the age of 60
[] An assigned book you hated (or never finished)

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments Good luck!

message 4: by Rina (new)

Rina | 14 comments Kirsten wrote: "Good luck!"

Thank you! I only just heard about Book Riot's challenge, so I'm excited to bring that in to my reading this year.

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments You can sign up for e-mail updates from Book Riot. They sometimes do articles on the individual prompts.