✨ Adults Who Read YA ✨ discussion

Riveted Reading Challenge 2018 > Read a science fiction book with a female protagonist

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) | 697 comments Mod
Read a science fiction book with a female protagonist

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (readinthecorner) | 108 comments Christina wrote: "Read a science fiction book with a female protagonist"

Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff

Overall just sort of "eh" to me, but I bet I would have loved it a lot more when I was in high school!

message 4: by Christina (new)

Melissa wrote: "Christina wrote: "Read a science fiction book with a female protagonist"

Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff

Overall just sort of "eh" to me, but I bet I would have loved it a lot more when I was in hi..."

I feel like this is an author I should love, that writes for me, but so far I haven't made time to pick up his books. But, with YA, sometimes I do feel that it's not applicable to a universal age. Like, I can't do most high school drama stuff.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (readinthecorner) | 108 comments Christina wrote: "Like, I can't do most high school drama stuff. "

Yes! I was barely into drama when I was a high schooler. I enjoy it a bit more now that I work closely with teens but it's still out of my wheelhouse for the most part.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Melissa wrote: "Christina wrote: "Like, I can't do most high school drama stuff. "

Yes! I was barely into drama when I was a high schooler. I enjoy it a bit more now that I work closely with teens but it's still ..."

Agreed!

That being said, I did like the pips of drama in this book I just finished: Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry