Blazing Readers & Wordy Writers discussion

The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)
This topic is about The Magician's Nephew
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive Monthly Book Reads > The Magician's Nephew: Before Reading

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 1797 comments Mod
January's Book of the Month is The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. Even if you aren't reading with us this month, please share your thoughts on the book below! Here are some questions to get you started:

-Have you read this book before? What did you think?
-Are you reading it this month with us?
-What have you heard about this book?

message 2: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I have the seven-pack of Narnia... somewhere. Time to go on a book hunt! (The Chronicles of Narnia)

message 3: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 1249 comments Mod
Oh! I so missed this! I know it's almost the end of the month. I seem to have totally missed the last two weeks of everything here. Gosh! Maybe I can dig up my copy and speed read! I wanted to read with y'all!

message 4: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I totally forgot about this and I'm supposed to be leading the discussion. Oops. I'd love to read with you, Coralie! I'll go book hunting. For real this time.

message 5: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

That would be awesome. I won't have a chance to search for my copy til Fri probably. But it's an easy read, so I'll chow down as soon as I find it.

message 6: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ok! So, I figured out that the actual copy is a little over 200 pages, and what I have in the Chronicles of Narnia book is only 100 or so. It's the same story, just more summarized. I can see about getting a different copy from the library, since you're not available to read 'till Friday.

message 7: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh, I didn't know there were condensed copies! Yeah, I have to look in my shed and I'm dog/house sitting this week, so I won't be able to look til after work on Fri. around lunch time.

message 8: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

The book and ebook have several holds on them. I guess I'll have to read with the condensed copy. :-/ I'm sorry about that.

message 9: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

No big deal! It might be interesting to find the discrepancies. :-)

message 10: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

I found it, Catherine!! It took a while, but I found it. It was in the bottom box in the furthest corner a taped up. Go figure XD I can't wait to get an apartment so I can take all of my things out of storage and boxes! I'm gonna line up all of my books so I can see them! Ooh, and I'm so glad you sent me to hunting too cause in the same box was the devotional on Romans I've been looking everywhere for!

message 11: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love organizing things, and books are no exception... Color order, alphabetized by title, alphabetized by author... Hehe. I'm going to start reading as soon as I finish my current book, which has about twenty pages left.

message 12: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh me too! I'm a bit OCD...hahaha. I group them by author, but I usually have my own system of favorite authors on prime shelf space and then expand from there. I always know just where everything is! Well...I did before I had to box everything up.

Ooh, what're you reading now? Is it any good?? I usually have to wait to finish what I'm currently reading. I can't read three books at once!! But, since I'm in the middle of a non-fiction book, I figured I could handle it. Besides, I needed a break from it! (My profile says I'm reading five right now, which blows my mind, but it's two devotionals, my Bible, and then the non-fiction book and Magician's Nephew, so...)

message 13: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't technically have OCD, but I definitely have that personality. I'm a perfectionist and organized person who gets annoyed by disorganization.

I just finished the second book of the Snow Like Ashes trilogy, which we read the first book of in November. Next, I'm reading the fourth book of the Lunar Chronicles. It's like 800 pages, so I've been reading a few other things first.

message 14: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ooh, I really wanna find Snow Like Ashes and read it! And I absolutely loved the Lunar Chronicles. Even though Winter was 800+ pages, they all flew by!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.