Tortall Read-Along discussion

The Song of the Lioness > Book 2 - In the Hand of the Goddess

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by April Sarah (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:24PM) (new)

April Sarah | 36 comments Mod
Disguised as a boy, Alanna of Trebond becomes a squire, to none other than the prince of the realm. But Prince Jonathan is much more to Alanna; he is her ally, her best friend, and one of the few who knows that she’s really a girl. Now it will take all of Alanna’s awesome skill, […]

~*~

Feel free to start discussing your thoughts below.
I would love to hear what you think so far.

message 2: by Christian (new)

Christian (clsings7) | 2 comments I am seriously impressed! If I can devour the next book in the series after reading the first one without a break that means it all must be good. I usually struggle to read more than one book of a series without a break with another book. I truly love reading about Alanna and her world!

message 3: by April Sarah (new)

Christian wrote: "I am seriously impressed! If I can devour the next book in the series after reading the first one without a break that means it all must be good. I usually struggle to read more than one book of a ..."

Such a good sign... Don't mind me as I continue to "lightly" suggest all the rest of the books as soon as you are done with the current one. ;)

message 4: by Shae (new)

Shae (shaegeeksout) | 4 comments I seriously loved this second book! it helped me find answers to some of my unanswered questions from Book 1! Loving the angst between the love triangle characters! Ready to pick up the next 2 in February!

message 5: by April Sarah (new)

Shala wrote: "I seriously loved this second book! it helped me find answers to some of my unanswered questions from Book 1! Loving the angst between the love triangle characters! Ready to pick up the next 2 in F..."

Have you picked out any favorite characters yet?

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) Loved this even more than the first book. I'm loving how we still get all the good stuff /without/ the books being 500+ pages. A few typos but the writing was great. So glad Duke Roger is dealt with. A bit worried about Thom. The time jumps were done spectacularly well.

Anybody notice the similarity between the Ordeal in this and the Fear Room (I think it was called) in Divergent?

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) I did a review here too if anybody is interested :)
https://youtu.be/FdVYBLW0VLc