This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Hippie time

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I mean, with Nick gone what is there to stop me? I may as well give in to my Hippie urges. But first things first: dude deserves a proper funeral, with an eco-friendly burial of course:
[image error]
Pretty huh?

A Colorado company sells those caskets. They made from banana sheaves and or bamboo (it decomposes together with the body as a way of promoting ecologically-friendly burials).

message 2: by Kasia (new)

Kasia And now that we're done with that, I'd love to share with you the two of my new latest discoveries:

1) eco-friendly umbrella
[image error]
Instead of a conventional surface you get one that is changeable, easily replaceable and biodegradable at the same time.

2) Eco-friendly Edible Shoe Cream
[image error]

Designed by Greenfibes, it's organic edible (yes, edible!) shoe cream. Apparently, it can be used for other purposes such as spreading on toast or as a lip balm. Isn't it just superb?!

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) That's exactly how I want to be buried!!! Ok not exactly, but close. I don't like wicker. But natural. In a biodegradable box! OH JOY!!!!!!!!!

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I've always wanted to be buried in a casket made of hemp with a picture of Che Guevarra on it. But it has to be a cemetery that doesn't use any pesticides and uses only eco-friendly headstones made of birdseed or nuts for the animals to enjoy.

message 5: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill What is it with THC and hippies? Hippies suck. Suck and stink. Did I mention suck? Hippies are parasites, but that could be a slam against tapeworms. It's a close call.

message 6: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ick. Ok maybe it's not hippie time yet, but one day... Someday soon. Just wait for it.

message 7: by Jini (new)

Jini Why do you just rent a wood chipper and make yourself mulch for your loved one's gardens? I should think it would be cheaper. Everyone can leave with a corn cup full of Kasia and grow larger tomatoes.

message 8: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Organic ones of course. Bon apetit.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

NB, if we didn't bring up hippies, you'd never show up.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

By the way, I briefly considered moving into an eco-village this week. But then I thought about them sneering at my two vehicles (car + scooter) when they arrive home soaking wet on their bikes. And I thought about listening to vegans.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia What do you mean by listening to vegans? Are you contemplating becoming a vegan?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

No. I just get annoyed by extremists. I've had some classes with some vegans. No offense to vegans.

message 13: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I loathe extremists, and stay away from any kind of idealists really, it's all one big crazy crowd to me. You never know when they'd get violent and decide it's a good time to start sharing everything and building kolkhozy.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) If it weren't for extremes, I wouldn't know how to operate!

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Where has this group been all my life!?!? You F*ckers are hilarious. I love hippies and hate all you swamphogs that hate them! JK- kinda

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Amanda! Welcome home.

message 17: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) Not Bill wrote: "What is it with THC and hippies? Hippies suck. Suck and stink. Did I mention suck? Hippies are parasites, but that could be a slam against tapeworms. It's a close call. "

Hey!!! I'm a hippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by smetchie (last edited Aug 25, 2009 04:29PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments LOL! Yeah! and shave your armpits. LOL!

Icepaw,
I luuvvv this cute picture of your dog! And the comments! Your friends are nice!
http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2...

message 19: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Amanda wrote: "Where has this group been all my life!?!? You F*ckers are hilarious. I love hippies and hate all you swamphogs that hate them! JK- kinda"

Right here waiting for you. You had me at swamphogs.

message 20: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Hey, I joke about hating hippies sometimes, but I hope everybody knows that's not how I really feel.

Because, in all honesty, there is no way I can express the depth of my hatred for hippies in mere words.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

"But we LOVE you, Rusty!!"

[image error]

message 22: by Jini (new)

Jini And yet, somehow, most end up looking like this:

[image error]

message 23: by Lori (new)

Lori Hey I'm a hippie and I don't look like that. Peace!

message 24: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Goddam frikkin hippies. My best day is when I can cave in what little teeth they have left with the toe of my Doc Martins. Thanks for the pics... yeah those folks are really adding to society. Take a hint - they're way down the list on who's in line for Obamacare. Not that I care, but is serves up a point. Discuss..or not. Won't change a thang.

...the following was a NotBill PSA. The views expressed were purely NBs alone and not those of any other feline in the general vicinity. You are free to go about your daily routine of fouling your own living quarters. Good eating.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

NotBill, please post a picture of yourself so we can see how much YOU are adding to society, please. :)

message 26: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Montambo, you truly know not what you are dealing with. But, due to my limitless sense of humor and fairplay, I will entertain your request in that it was put forth in good fun as well.

I love this pic, for in it I am truly in my element. Take note of the inner peace that I project. Namaste.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

You do seem to be adding only serenity to society. Now I know.

message 28: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill Well, being unemployed for 8 months, I don't have much else to offer.

"Serenity now!"

message 29: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (KendraG) Lori wrote: "Hey I'm a hippie and I don't look like that. Peace!"

Right on Lori!!!!!!!

though i have super super super long hair.....

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Kendra, is there a chance that you're violating the age restrictions of The Haters Club? Just wondering. I've been wrong before!

(Remember Emma (with the ostrich face avatar)? I was wrong about her.)

message 31: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yeah but her profile is so funny!!
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/20...

Icepaw,
if you get struck down please friend me because I want to be able to read your "about me" whenever I'm in a sour mood. I totally like pie too!!

message 32: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I suspect Tamobo is correct. About the age restriction thing, not the being wrong before thing. I know she's correct about that.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Like when you were wrong about how to spell Tambo? Or is that a new nickname?

If Gretchen likes her so much, we'll let her stay (for now.) We're watching you, Icepaw.

message 34: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) No idea what you're talking about, Tambo.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

She belongs to a couple role playing groups, though, which pretty much settles it that I was right like I usually am.

message 36: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ...or it's a fake profile made by someone much funnier than an under-18er. did you check out the comments under her dog picture? that pretty much seals the deal on the age thing for me.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Tom! You did that thing where you edit and say, "what are you talking about" except that you didn't edit! It still says Tamobo!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Awwwww! She has a miniature schnauzer and they didn't crop the ears!! Now I love Icepaw. And I want a dog.

message 39: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Tamobo makes me giggle.

message 40: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Still don't know what you're talking about.

message 41: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I like the comments under the picture:

message 1: by Wildpelt 07/27/2009 08:15AM
that's ur dog?awesome!!!

message 2: by Icepaw (Kendra) 08/01/2009 09:49AM
thx!!

message 3: by Wildpelt 08/01/2009 12:23PM
your welcome!!!

message 4: by Icepaw (Kendra) 08/12/2009 01:46PM
his name is Scooter!!

message 5: by Wildpelt 08/12/2009 06:33PM
cool~

message 42: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Ooh I like this, it's been a while since there was a kid on the loose. I was starting to miss the drama. Thanks Icepaw.

message 43: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) The way I see this continuing:

message 6: by Wildpelt 08/13/2009 07:45AM
I bet he is soft!

message 7: by Icepaw (Kendra) 08/13/2009 08:16AM
he is totally soft and I like really like to pet him

message 8: by Wildpelt 08/13/2009 02:21PM
Awwww :)~

message 9: by Icepaw (Kendra) 08/13/2009 02:46PM
Totally!

message 10: by Wildpelt 08/13/2009 05:15PM
do you cuddle him?

message 11: by Icepaw (Kendra) 08/14/2009 01:19PM
Yes, he is very cuddly

message 44: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) When I think of Tambo, I think of Stallone.

"I don't think you understand. I didn't come to rescue Tambo from you. I came here to rescue you from her."

message 45: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Re#45

I see that you're in touch with your inner teenage girl, how awesome!!! Would you bedazzle my phone while you're at it?

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry, I don't get the Stallone thing, but you are funny!

message 47: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Kasia, teenage girls are my wheelhouse! Wait...that didn't sound right. I will begin the bedazzling as soon as Gossip Girl is over.

Tambo, Stallone is Rambo. The quote is from First Blood (the original Rambo movie) He's a bad ass. You... you're a moderator!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah. Duh. Rambo Montambo. :)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

(I haven't actually seen Rambo.)

message 50: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) Don't waste your time with Rambo through Rambo V. First Blood is a classic. But don't watch it. I have a feeling that you will not like it either.

« previous 1