2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE - Mod Stuff > January 2018's Monthly Message

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kadijah Michelle (last edited Jan 21, 2018 07:02AM) (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Thank you Kara for all the wonderful monthly messages you have sent out over the years! I have some big shoes to fill.

Here goes my first Monthly Message to our wonderful group:

It's hard to believe, but we are in 2018! AND we passed 15,000 group members!!!

New Moderators! The group has made a few leadership changes in the last couple months, and we have also welcomed Rachael and Blagica to the Mod Team!

The New Year is Here! We archive rather than delete personal challenges and member corners, but if you can't find something you're looking for, please contact a mod. If you haven't already, set up your personal challenge and create your member corner.

To Reflect on 2017 let us know what you think!

Time for a New Look If you have an idea for a masthead and logo, this contest is for you! The winner gets $15 (or local currency equivalent) to spend at a bookseller of his or her choice.

Group Reads: Our January theme is personalities, and our group read for the month is the classic The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Racheal is the leader for this discussion. Please feel free to join in.
---You can also vote for our February book; the theme is Olympics and nominate a book for March; the theme is Books to Screens

Challenges: It's Why You Joined This Group! Yearly challenges are all up,
and you can sign up for them here.
This year we have a record 15 challenges. Our quarterly challenges are Must Read Books led by Mindy and Places and Spaces led by Blagica. January's challenges are The Marathon Challenge led by Blagica and A Personalities Challenge led by Lisa.

Buddy Reads: We have 6 buddy reads to kick off 2018! Anyone can join in. We will be reading Caraval, Ready Player One, 'Salem's Lot, Sense and Sensibility, Taken at the Flood, and Throne of Glass in January.

TBR Twins: You can also sign up for February's TBR Twins here, and we'll pair you with someone to read a book with for the month. If you signed up for January your twins are posted here. Please reach out to your twin and choose a book to read together.

And finally, welcome to all of our new members! The new year is always an exciting time for all of us. We can't wait to get to know you. Please stop in introduce yourself and say hello to our new members!

Happy reading, everyone!

Kara, Kadijah Michelle, Winter, Mary Pat, Ilona, Kristin, Rachael, and Blagica

message 2: by Paulette (new)

Paulette | 19 comments Kadijah Michelle wrote: "Thank you Kara for all the wonderful monthly messages you have sent out over the years! I have some big shoes to fill.

It's hard to beli..."

What's the member corner, I'm new on the site

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Hi Paulette, check out
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

If you have any questions after reading that, don’t hesitate to ask

Ps: Khadijah, the link in the monthly message doesn’t seem to work...

message 4: by Paulette (new)

Paulette | 19 comments Kadijah Michelle wrote: "Thank you Kara for all the wonderful monthly messages you have sent out over the years! I have some big shoes to fill.

It's hard to beli..."

Thank you! I'm excited! - New to the site goodreads

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Susy wrote: "Hi Paulette, check out
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

If you have any questions after reading that, don’t hesitate to ask

Ps: Khadijah, the li..."

Thanks Susy. It's fixed!

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 37 comments For Those who read the Picture of Dorian Gray is there a discussion I can't seem to find the Rachel that is over the group.

message 7: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments Hi Temitayomiyoshiseun,

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Here are the threads for the January group reads hope this helps.
Blagica

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 37 comments Yes it did thank you Blagica your awesome.

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments you are welcome!