North Liberty Readers discussion

Challenges > Sonja's 2018 Challenges & Read Books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
Since I haven't finished the 12+4 challenge in the last few years, I decided not to do one this year. Instead, I am going to go back to 2010 and do an author challenge and a title challenge. We'll see how this goes!

message 5: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I won't be able to get the Author list done, but I should be able to finish the title list. It's been fun to do this challenge this year. Not sure yet which one I want to do next year...

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 235 comments Mod
You GO GIRL!!! Any favorites that stuck with you that I should think about? I'm reading Alias Grace right now. I like it. Truly....I'm amazed at the scope of Margaret Atwood....Fiction, Historical Fiction, Science Fiction......love love love her.

message 7: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I read the 4th book in the Kingfountain series by Jeff Wheeler in 2018. I really like that series!

Kristin Lavransdattar took all year to finish, but it was a good book. I listened to it through Audible. It's a trilogy that was published as one book.

I always love Susanna Kearsley, so Named of the Dragon was a good one in 2018.

The Jefferson Tate series by Steve Robinson is also a good murder-mystery series.

message 8: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I did get my title challenge done! I like the alphabet challenges because they take me away from familiar books/authors and make me look for new books. Still picking my books for this year!

message 9: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I may need to give Margaret Atwood another chance. I read The Handmaid's Tale a few years ago and didn't really like it, so I've been avoiding her books.