The Invictus Stream discussion

Your favorite books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Jan 02, 2018 06:59AM) (new)

Chris Lawrence | 3 comments I'd like to share some of my favorite books. I'm also sure everyone would love to hear about what your favorite books are. This list would be the ones that 100% are a must read and if you bought the book you'd never regret it.

Please leave your list below and maybe we can add them to the To Read portion of the Group or we can create a new Shelf for INVICTUS Community Favorites.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Lawrence | 3 comments To give a bit of background on myself. I never liked reading what was assigned to me in school and would rather play outside or play video games. I get distracted really easily and I have to read slowly otherwise my reading comprehension plummets.

Since then, I've found a new love for reading. Here is my list of must reads.

Ready Player One
The Road
Harry Potter Collection
Ender's Game
Ender's Shadow
The Name of the Wind Kingkiller Chronicle Series
The Stand
The Lord of the Rings

message 3: by Harlan (new)

Harlan Guthrie (thelirivalley) | 1 comments The Road is my all time favourite book. Great recommendation!

message 4: by Robert (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:48PM) (new)

Robert L (fettomegabob) | 1 comments The Tunnels Series
The Dungeon Series
All of RA Salvatores Books
Dragonlance (The first 6 books and a smattering of the others)
Left Behind Series
The old DOOM books
All (except for one) Star Wars books
The Misenchanted Sword

HIGHLY recommend the Level 26 Books

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike  Fazio (mikethebassist) | 2 comments The Ryria Chronicles/Revelations by Michael Sullivan is my favorite series. Fantastic fun.
Ready Player One
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth
The Way of Kings Any of this series. A struggle to get through sometimes because of length, but so satisfying.

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Low (kelseycole) | 4 comments Some of my favorite books are:

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Feed

I'm sure there are more missing but I wanted to post things that weren't already listed.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris Lawrence | 3 comments FYI, repeats are absolutely encouraged. My thoughts are that the repeats could go on the Group's shelf.

message 8: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Low (kelseycole) | 4 comments Chris wrote: "FYI, repeats are absolutely encouraged. My thoughts are that the repeats could go on the Group's shelf."

Lol well then.

Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Ready Player One is also good, any RA Salvatore novel, and most likely more I can't think off.

message 9: by David (last edited Jan 03, 2018 10:24AM) (new)

David Johns | 3 comments Anything by Jim Butcher

Specifically Storm Front and the other Dresden files novels.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Shapechangers this series is hard to find but well worth a read if you like unique fantasy. (Hmm goodreads has some pretty negative reviews on this one. Read it when I was younger, may need to go back and see if I still feel the same.)

Will probably add more later when I have time to think about it.