YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team French Press (S) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sharon (last edited Jan 02, 2018 04:26PM) (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Team Members:
✔️ Sharon
✔️ Gillian
✔️ Andrea
✔️ Ashleigh
✔️ Wolf
Julesx

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Hi everyone!

message 3: by Ashleigh (last edited Jan 02, 2018 07:08AM) (new)

Ashleigh | 3283 comments Hi Sharon!

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Hi guys!

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments I love the coffee names

message 6: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Hi Everyone!

message 7: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2508 comments SHARON GILLIAN!!!!!
Great to be on a team with you guys again.
Hi to the rest of you guys.

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Anyone have any books that they want to BR?

message 9: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1) by Peter V. Brett The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett These are the next books I plan on reading and don't have buddy reads for any of them yet. Also I just finished Son of the Black Sword (Saga of the Forgotten Warrior, #1) by Larry Correia and would love to read more of this series.

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Here's my plan for January:

The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May series
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab series
The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1) by Kristen Ciccarelli
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova series
Firebolt (The Dragonian, #1) by Adrienne Woods series
Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima series
What Light by Jay Asher
Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Andrea, I will join you for This Savage Song series and the Air Awakens series. What days are you thinking?

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Gillian, I can do A Darker Shade of Magic with you. What day works for you?

message 13: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments @ Andrea is flame caster a follow on from the seven realms series?

message 14: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Sharon wrote: "Gillian, I can do A Darker Shade of Magic with you. What day works for you?"
I started it today but I can put it on hold if you need some time.

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Gillian, I got the series, so I can read it whenever.

message 16: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Ok we can start on it now if you like Sharon. :)

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Sure!

message 18: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) | 2508 comments Hey guys, will you be okay if i don't post for a little bit? A good friend of mine just killed himself this morning, so I need a few days to get over it.

message 19: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Sorry to hear you have had such a tragic loss Wolf, we will still be hear when you feel like dropping in.

message 20: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I have asked for a thread Sharon :)

message 21: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Sharon wrote: "Andrea, I will join you for This Savage Song series and the Air Awakens series. What days are you thinking?"

I already have threads for those. This Savage song started Dec 27th, I'll get to it this week sometime. Our Dark Duet is the 4th. Air Awakens starts on the 8th.

Threads:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 22: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Gillian wrote: "@ Andrea is flame caster a follow on from the seven realms series?"

Yeah flamecaster is a spin off of Seven Realms. I don't think you need to read Seven Realms but Shattered Realms might have general spoilers for that ending. I think there's another series read for Seven Realms starting soon. I'm planning on reading the Shattered Realms series around the 22nd I think.

message 23: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "Hey guys, will you be okay if i don't post for a little bit? A good friend of mine just killed himself this morning, so I need a few days to get over it."

Sorry to hear about it, take all the time you need to grieve.

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Sorry for your loss Wolf.

message 25: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Great! Can’t wait to read the books with both of you.

message 26: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I can get This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab on audio but the rest of the series is not available here at this stage. So if its ok I will join you for the first book.

message 27: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Andrea wrote: "Gillian wrote: "@ Andrea is flame caster a follow on from the seven realms series?"

Yeah flamecaster is a spin off of Seven Realms. I don't think you need to read Seven Realms but Shattered Realms..."

I will try to finish the last 2 books of Seven Realms and join you for the Flamecaster series as Its available on audible yay!!!!

message 28: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Yay! Join for whatever is available!! :D

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments I will join in the Shattered Realms if I can find the time.

message 31: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Woooo all the buddies :D

message 32: by Andy (last edited Jan 03, 2018 09:42AM) (new)

Andy | 14306 comments I'm working on This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab and The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2) by Elizabeth May today

message 34: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Should finish This Savage Song and A Darker Shade of Magic tonight or tomorrow night.

message 35: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments I should be done with The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2) by Elizabeth May soon and then I'm going to start The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3) by Elizabeth May .

If I can finish The Falconer series by tomorrow I think I'll read Renegades this weekend before heading back to school and maybe even What Light.

message 36: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments I'm heading back to school today so I'll be finishing more audios starting today. I was hoping to finish Renegades yesterday, but that didn't happen so maybe today, but definitely by tomorrow.

message 37: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I managed to get a copy of The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May I should be able to start it tomorrow after I finish Age of Swords (The Legends of the First Empire, #2) by Michael J. Sullivan

message 38: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Sounds great! If you make any comments on the series thread I'll make sure to check and respond back :)

message 39: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Andrea wrote: "Sounds great! If you make any comments on the series thread I'll make sure to check and respond back :)"

thanks Andrea

message 40: by Julesx (new)

Julesx (Juliax) | 4 comments hi guys

message 41: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Julesx wrote: "hi guys"

Welcome!

message 42: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments We are tied for first place!

message 43: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Sharon wrote: "We are tied for first place!"

I know I'm so excited!!!

message 44: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9770 comments Starting Air Awakens right now.

message 45: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Julesx wrote: "hi guys"

welcome to the team Julesx

message 46: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Sharon wrote: "We are tied for first place!"

It's shaping up to be a close challenge :)

message 47: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments We're going pretty good so far!!!

message 48: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Sharon I hope you enjoy Air Awakens!

message 49: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Hey guys, I decided to go home for the weekend so I'll still be reading but not sure how much I'll get done. I'll be going back to school Monday morning so then I'll have classes to deal with but I'll still be reading :D

message 50: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Have a nice trip home Andrea

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.