The Bee's Bookshelf discussion

The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1)
This topic is about The Trials of Morrigan Crow
Nevermoor (January 2018) > Favorite Moments and Words

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Molly Becker (moduerre) | 143 comments Mod
Use this space to discuss your favorite moments and words from Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow. Which character name was your favorite? Do you think Morrigan will make it through all the trials?

Tyler Hyde (tylervrhyde) | 15 comments Mod
I finished this book over the weekend and absolutely loved it! It's tough to pick a favorite character name, but I think it would have to be Kedgeree Burns. (I'm a big fan of Morrigan Crow as well and, of course, Mog.)

Some of my favorite words from Nevermoor include:
Magnificat
gossamer
arachnipod
Deucalion
Eventide

I can't wait to hear what the rest of you thought of Nevermoor!

One of my favorite parts in the book was the Book Trial, where Morrigan had to answer rapidly appearing questions on a page that started burning if she didn't answer them honestly. It made me think about how I would answer the same questions she had to...and if I even know myself well enough to answer the questions.

The second question Morrigan was asked was "What is your biggest fear?" and she quickly wrote, "That dolphins will learn to walk on land and shoot acid out of their blowholes." (which made me laugh out loud) After her paper started to burn though, she had to think of a truer answer, one she had buried deep down.

I got to thinking about how I would answer that same question—roller coasters, snakes, whitewater rafting (I know I'm a wimp). But I suspect my page would probably start burning too, just like Morrigan's did. So how would you answer that question? Do you think you would pass the Book Trial? I'm not sure I would.

Tyler wrote: "I finished this book over the weekend and absolutely loved it! It's tough to pick a favorite character name, but I think it would have to be Kedgeree Burns. (I'm a big fan of Morrigan Crow as well ..."

Reading your favorite names made me start to think about nicknames in general, and how Jupiter thinks that everyone needs a nickname.

To everyone in our group: do you have any nicknames? Any interesting or fun stories behind how you got them? My friends like to call me Mo :)

message 5: by Arnav (new) - added it

Arnav Jain | 17 comments some of my favorite words from Nevermoor are
Grommish
Decaulion
Bazaar
Magnificat
Wundersmith
Gossamer
Trolloseum
manipulation
strop

Also if Nevermoor is a series, I would really want to get the next book because this book is really good.

Arnav wrote: "some of my favorite words from Nevermoor are
Grommish
Decaulion
Bazaar
Magnificat
Wundersmith
Gossamer
Trolloseum
manipulation
strop

Also if Nevermoor is a series, I would really want to..."

Hey, Arnav! Thanks so much for sharing your favorite words from Nevermoor with us! Bazaar has always been one of my favorites.

I'm pretty sure that Nevermoor is going to be a series, but I have a feeling we'll have to wait a little while before the next one comes out since Nevermoor has only been out for a few months. I do know that the movie rights for it have been purchased though, which is very exciting! We may get to see Morrigan and Jupiter on the big screen!