Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2)
This topic is about White Hot
Book of the Month > White Hot January BOM

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

Adele (turtil) | 1767 comments Mod
THE SHOW MUST GO ON!we didn't have any nominations so Amy has Chosen our next BOM.
please remember to let us know if you are passing or Joining us for this series continuation BOM

Synopsis:
Nevada Baylor has a unique and secret skill—she knows when people are lying—and she's used that magic (along with plain, hard work) to keep her colorful and close-knit family's detective agency afloat. But her new case pits her against the shadowy forces that almost destroyed the city of Houston once before, bringing Nevada back into contact with Connor "Mad" Rogan.

Rogan is a billionaire Prime—the highest rank of magic user—and as unreadable as ever, despite Nevada’s “talent.” But there’s no hiding the sparks between them. Now that the stakes are even higher, both professionally and personally, and their foes are unimaginably powerful, Rogan and Nevada will find that nothing burns like ice

message 2: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (donnaburks61) I in!!! But will have to read Burn for Me first! *such a chore* hehehehe

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen (msjenniferanne) | 1 comments Great book. I recently read book 2/3 not too long ago.

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 66 comments Passing this month. Happy reading!

message 5: by Jeana (new)

Jeana Budnick | 90 comments I'm not sure but I don't think i will be reading this book. I've got a series on the go that I'm quite into.

message 6: by Tony (new)

Tony | 8 comments Passing.

message 7: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
I'm rereading for the first time. I love this series

message 8: by Connie (new)

Connie (congomez) | 17 comments I am in too. However will need to read book one first

message 9: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
Hi all! Just wanted to pop in on my holiday break and say hi! I am not reading this book because I still do not have the time, but I am alive! I am hoping to return, full time, in March once I am done with my degree!

message 10: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 22 comments Passing.

message 11: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I’ve read the whole series to date. It’s all fantastic and White Hot is my favourite. I may jump in on discussions.

message 12: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't remember which is my favorite. I'll have to re-read. Starting this week, maybe tomorrow. I've already re-read Burn for Me, I remember White Hot as being the most romance in the trilogy so far.

message 13: by Amy (last edited Jan 13, 2018 11:18AM) (new)

Amy McDermott | 1 comments Have just finished reading all the books in this series and loved them! Will post a review when the month is up. Thankyou so much for recommending these great authors to me, this was my first read as part of the bookclub :) White Hot

message 14: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

Thats great Amy i'm glad you enjoyed it!. Stick around cause we have planty more to come this year.

Thank you to all those who have let us know if they are passing on this book. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

Ive just started reading this book but i expect to catch up quickly.

message 15: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

I just realised i forgot to include fun stuff.... ok i'll go and find it amd be back soon.

message 16: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Just finished last night and loved it. I think these have a little more humor than the Kate Daniel book and I'm all into humor. I still really dislike the cliffhanger epilogue, not that it is that bad, just points to the next issue for the Baylors.

I'm going to go on as soon as I'm done with Darkling though I've started The Gunslinger so that might hamper the start too.

message 17: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

OK, I just finished the 3rd book as a re-read and didn't remember the epilogue. Now that I reread I am wondering about who is who behind it all (view spoiler) A question with possible spoilers for those that have read all three.

I think I may like this series better than Kate Daniels but then again, maybe it is because it is new. Kate has really run its course. Still I would love to get Kate spin offs of all the characters like Roman and more Derek.

message 18: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

Oh my goodness I'm so behind!!! I'm still rereading the first book just to catch up so I can read the second!!
this heat is messing with my brain. I just wish my air con worked!!! I'm melting... melting!!!! oh what a world....
lol it feels like it anyway. estimated top of 42℃/107.6℉ . just trying to stay cool/hydrated enough so I don't end up in hospital like so many others will today.

message 19: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wow, that is hot! How normal is that? We had our coldest days recorded in a while, went down to 1 degree Fahrenheit (-17 C) which I've never experienced here in the DC area. Luckily it has warmed up after the 2-3 week cold snap and today was near 60. I went out without a coat! I would just like regular winter weather, around freezing at night and 40tys or so in the day. The swings in weather give me migraines.

Hope your AC kicks in or at least helps.

message 20: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

I survived! it got to 43℃/109.4℉.

But in some places it reached 45℃/113℉!!!! . It's not a normal temperature to reach. recently we have been getting about 35℃/95℉ to 37℃/98.6 on our really hot days. But we hadn't had anything over 37 for a while.
Fun Fact: The highest ever temperature was 50.7℃/123.3℉ back in 1960 in oodnadatta. (yes it's a place names). we do have weird ones, my friend grew up in poowong!

message 21: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hey, it sounds "White Hot", ha, OK stupid pun. ;-)

I was so glad when our temps went back up this last week. I'm just not used to that cold. Let's see what this next summer brings though usually I'm gone for 1/2 of it at least so sometime miss the heat streaks.

That name isn't so bad, something like Okeechobee, which is that big lake in the middle of the lower peninsula of Florida, and also a city and county. We got a lot of those names here too.

So did you get your reread in?

message 22: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Jan 31, 2018 09:18PM) (new) - added it

Omg yes i did... sorry i have been so absorbed reading white hot that i forgot things exsisted for a bit.

Speaking of things i have posted up the poll for next months BOM... https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

I have also changed some things in the group too. The yellow box thing will go after you have done a comment.... i think. Im still working out how things work.

Anyway. This topic will be open for discussion until march.
So feel free to post your reviews/ opinons on the book.
Or whatever you think is related to the book.
We talked about weather(lol), what else would you talk about?

message 23: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

How did you like the book? You really have to go on to the next as it wraps up a lot of things. I think White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews was the least good of the 3 though I loved them all so far.

message 24: by Adele, Moderator (new) - added it

i haven't quite finished it yet..... my battery on my tablet went flat and then i found something shiny/ aka got distracted.
almost done...

message 25: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

That reminds me of the crows in The Others by Ann Bishop.