What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > I'd like a romance book that's a tear - wrecker. As long it's mainly romance any genre will do.

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sönïa (last edited Feb 10, 2018 05:52AM) (new)

Sönïa Dhillion | 149 comments Im looking for a cry hard book. That makrs me sob my heart out.
So far the books that have made me cry are.
In the Stillness
The Flight of Hope
Me Before You
Souls Unfractured
The Sweet Gum Tree
The Unwanted Wife
A Husband's Regret
Where One Goes
Maldeamores: Lovesick
Forbidden
Yours

As you can see from my list as long the main genre romance . I dont mind what other genre it is. Like in my list there contemporary , incest, biker, paranormal . I dont mind dark too .

message 2: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 477 comments Hm, I cried a lot reading Fairytale Come Alive by Kristen Ashley - I loved it, but I can't reread it :)

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 322 comments I cry like a baby whenever I read anything by Brittainy C. Cherry
The Silent Waters
The Fire Between High & Lo
The Air He Breathes
Also Written in the Scars by Adriana Locke was an emotional read.
Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken
Capture, Keep and Steal by Rachel Van Dyken were great, too. Especially Keep, but they should be read in order.

message 4: by Cathy (last edited Jan 30, 2018 11:29AM) (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) I sobbed reading "The Book of Ruth" It's not romance, just the story of a family.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4986 comments The Book of Ruth for Cathy's suggestion.

message 6: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1340 comments Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. Ball my eyes out every time I read it.

For cheapy sob stories that got me (they're sad, but may not be as sad as they make me... For some reason I cry every time I read these too)
The Daddy Pact by Kristy K James
A Fathers Secret by Yvonne Lindsay

Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley usually gets me in a couple of places too.
Maybe Gray's Hill by Barbara Cerny
And very maybe Nothing Left to Lose by Kirsty Mosely, I know there's bits I cry in, but it doesn't hit my memory as a 'tear jerker'. Think she's just split it into several books (original around 800pgs), so the name might be different.

message 9: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (boxershiner) I remembered another book that made me cry. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Not romance, sorry I don't read many of that genre.

message 10: by Nela (new)

message 11: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4986 comments The Nightingale for Cathy's suggestion.

message 12: by Incog (new)

Incog Nito | 100 comments Cinder and Ella by Kelly Oram plus any book y Kasie West

These next ones are full of action, humour and fantasy but there is a strong romance in each

Becoming Alpha Series by Aileen Erin
Bewitched and Bewildered Series by Alanea Alder
The Godling Chronicles by Brian D Anderson
Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelinni
Lux Series by Jennifer L Armentrout
Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Elder Races Series by Thea Harrison
Benedicts Series by Joss Stirling
Fate Forsaken series by Shae Ford
Vampire Academy and Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead
Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer
Accidentals Series by Dakota Cassidy
Argeneua Series by Lynsay Sands

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

message 14: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4986 comments My Beautiful Hippie had me crying.

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather McC (heather-mcc) | 70 comments Consider the book A Walk to Remember A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

Like many Nicholas Sparks books, it tugs at the heartstrings, mixing love with gut wrenching drama.

message 16: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments I was balling at the end of the Red Winter series by Annette Marie. There were some tear jerker moments in the first two books as well but the third had a lot of feels.

message 17: by Dani (new)

Dani | 31 comments Initium: What Lies Beneath there's no link for the first book in the series but it's called what lies beneath and I'm not gonna lie I cried like a little girl for a solid 60% of the series. I literally sobbed at a couple of places. Totally worth it. Also Transcendence it's a pretty unique story but the ending definitely turned on the water works.

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Heartless

This book breaks a lot of hearts!

message 19: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Salem's Daughter - romance (with sex!) set in London and in Salem during the witch trials of 1692-1693

The Faraway Lurs - YA; worth it if you can find a copy

The Promise - classic romance

The Fionavar trilogy, starting with The Summer Tree - fantasy; has a number of romance threads in it that I guarantee will make you cry

The title story from Stories of Your Life and Others is a real heartbreaker (the others are amazing too, but no romance elements)

message 20: by NancyJ (last edited Feb 16, 2018 10:18AM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 102 comments The Art of Racing in the Rain - the description doesn't do it justice.

Sophie's Choice - modern classic tearkerker

A Thousand Splendid Suns - This book is hard to read (because you want to cry so much), but it's really good.

Jane Eyre - classic tearjerker

Anything by Richard Sparks or John Green

The Notebook

The Fault in Our Stars

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, a bawled my eyes out in the middle of a Barnes and Nobles over A Thousand Splendid Suns, and he's other book The Kite Runner.

I can never re-read The Joy Luck Club without crying.

message 22: by NancyJ (last edited Feb 16, 2018 02:57PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 102 comments Andy wrote: "Oh, a bawled my eyes out in the middle of a Barnes and Nobles over A Thousand Splendid Suns, and he's other book The Kite Runner.

I can never re-read The Joy Luck Club wit..."

I get it! Somehow I haven't read Kite Runner yet though. I hope one of my bookclubs will pick it soon.

message 23: by Grachelle (new)

Grachelle | 5 comments Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler!

message 24: by K.L. (new)

K.L. | 72 comments Gone With the Wind (Margaret Mitchell)

Far Pavilions (MM Kaye)

Those 2 offhand usually get a few tears