YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Vacuum (M) chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 547 (547 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jan 06, 2018 03:40AM) (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Check in here!
Melanie ✔️
Maddison ✔️
Rachmi ✔️
Elizabeth Emily ✔️
Michelle ✔️
Siobhan ✔️
Sarwar✔️
Velina ✔️
Heather✔️

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments I sure can’t wait to post my first review of The year! What’s everybody reading?

message 3: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2085 comments Hey :) im gonna be starting with an alice in wonderland retelling :)

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Which retelling is it? I’m starting with The Awakening by Kate Chopin

message 5: by Velina (last edited Jan 02, 2018 07:35AM) (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments I started The Retribution of Mara Dyer yesterday and finished it today, and I posted a review about it but I'm not sure if this is the only thing I have to do for it to count .. also currently I'm buddy reading Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Yes that’s the only thing you have to do for it to count and when you post your review for your buddy read book make sure to link it in the review thread as well.

message 7: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments How should I check-in 😁, sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, this is my first group challenge

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Just by commenting you checked in 😊 don’t worry If you have questions we will gladly answer them

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Also when posting reviews they prefer the book cover to be posted where the title of the book is at in your review I just copied and pasted and forgot to fix it.

message 10: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments I wrote in the review thread, can you check if I did it correctly? Thanks 🙈😁

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Go back and edit it and hit the add book cover link. Then type in the name of the book and add the cover.

message 12: by Sarwar (new)

Sarwar (m3rlin) I'm gonna start the year off by reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer .
Also, I'd like to ask how does a BR work exactly? Do I have to write updates or just discuss a book with others while reading it?

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments You discuss a book with someone while reading it and post your thoughts along the way on the buddy read thread for the specific book.

message 14: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments Thank you so much I think I fixed it 🤓

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments No problem 😊

message 16: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Rachmi's here!

Finished a book, and am reading another one now. I'll post my review later in the afternoon :)

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 579 comments Hi, everyone!

Unfortunately, all the books I'm currently reading are books I didn't finish last year (:'D I love saying that for some reason) so I won't get full points for all of them, but for one of them I still have +600 to read.

I'll probably have my first book finished by tomorrow. (:

Are we looking for the editions with the highest page count for the review posts? Like when you read a book that's 300 pages but find an edition which is 600 so you get points for that one instead? I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense, I'm a bit sick right now. (:

message 18: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments Hi guys! I’m checking in. I’ll sort out what books I’m doing for the month:)

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Hey y’all I will update the check in post in just a second!

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Michelle wrote: "Hi, everyone!

Unfortunately, all the books I'm currently reading are books I didn't finish last year (:'D I love saying that for some reason) so I won't get full points for all of them, but for o..."

Yes I always look for the one with the most pages for the review.

message 21: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments I am currently reading 6 books that will count for the challenge

message 22: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments Checking in! I'm about to start my first new book (I just got done with one I had started in December).

message 23: by Elizabeth Emily (new)

Elizabeth Emily Browne (snakesandladderrs) | 2216 comments The first book I’m reading doesn’t count for the challenge😬 but as soon as I’ve finished this I’ll get stuck in!

message 24: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I finished two books but I accidentally delete one of my reviews draft :( So I haven't posted any review yet. I'm reading The Cruel Prince now.

message 25: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47356 comments Mod
yay hey guys :D sorry I'm late to the party xD

guys please please make sure to find the editions with the highest page count it legit makes all the difference. doesn't matter if it's a different language. highest page count all the time.

I'm still reading books from last month, but they still count as long as you only put down the number of pages you read this month. So don't rule them out as they still count. also highest edition so just take the % you read this month and apply it to the highest page count.

message 26: by Maddie (new)

lizzie I'm really hoping you don't have heaps of 12 hour shifts 5 days in a row this month xD

so many new people I haven't seen around this is so amazing and exciting :D so keen to be back on trams with you lizzie and Heather haven't talked in ages!

And in saying that i finished half of the last namsara yesterday and am currently reading a big 600+ page fantasy book which I would like to finish day after tomorrow xD

rachmi, are you in on the buddy for cruel prince? me and a bunch of other people are reading it this month and the points will be really helpful. I'm not reading it for a while because I'm away from the computer atm just on my phone so I'll be dumping probably 5 or 6 books when I get back which will be a help.

message 27: by Maddie (new)

Wow essays there xD sorry! for those newbies, you'll get used to my constant chat xD kind of pleased to be back on a medium team, as being series was a stressful time. last month i basically gave up on the challenge and just read slow and not much, but the competition of medium might make me read more. also not having uni until end of next month :D

Just sucks that I didn't find these threads until now because I can't go through all of the other teams review threads and change the notifications until I get home, and by then it's halfway through the month so I won't see the initial start of the points coming in xD I'm real competitive and like to snoop around ;)

message 28: by Maddie (new)

espresso is definitely the team to watch for. they're at 20 points already.

message 29: by Maddie (new)

just a big bummer that my big book isn't a buddy. Sorry I'm feeling bleh now because I've cut back on buddies but this challenge will bring them back im feeling it now xD

message 30: by Maddie (new)

so sorry one last post before i stop for a few hours xD xD xD

I'm also listening to a few audios which will be many more points they just aren't buddies :/ not yet anyway I'll ask on the br thread tomorrow. hopefully I get some interest.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Hey Maddison I knew something had to be up for you not to be checked in yet! I wish my 600+ page book for this month counted but I’ve read 3 of the books in the series before January.

message 32: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments Hey Maddison, I'm also in the BR for Cruel Prince :)

message 33: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Hi Maddison!

I'm not new to the group (I never meet you guys tho, well...except Elizabeth Emily. Hi Elizabeth! Long time no see :D), I'm just not that active last year. I didn't join in group challenge because I wanted more time to read and just enjoyed it, because once I join in the challenge my competitive side strike without me knowing it Lol. I'm a slow reader tho. So I don't know if I can read more than 10 books this month.

And yes, I'm going to buddy read The Cruel Prince. I'm reading it now and will join in the discussion soon.

message 34: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Has anybody read If You Find Me or The Program? That’s two books I plan to read them this month

message 35: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments I also just started another kindle book that I have to finish before Sunday. It’s only 181 pages long though so it will only get us one point.

message 36: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 11923 comments I think the most difficult thing about this challenge will be reading books that fit into the categories. O.o

-read a new-to-you author,
-read a new-to-you series
-read a new-to-you genre
-read a new book (published 2017/2018)
-read a book with less than 100 ratings on Goodreads
-read an ARC
-read a book with 'new' in the title

message 37: by Maddie (new)

hence the word challenge Melanie xD

Yeah I'm camping atm so I couldn't check without getting a notification.

so far I've got us 4 points but haven't put them up yet. my big book will get us 5 points at least. And I'm finishing everything everything today or tomorrow which will be 3 points. I really wish I could post my reviews and completions xD

message 38: by Maddie (new)

but there's no way I'm writing my reviews on my phone xD maybe I'll boot up my laptop and just write them all in a word document so I have them. or I could just hotspot my computer for a bit
yeah i think I'll do that at some point today xD

message 39: by Sarwar (new)

Sarwar (m3rlin) I stopped reading Heartless after realizing it didn't fit into any of those categories :(
Instead, I'm reading The Cruel Prince due to the fact that one of my 2 favorite reviewers gave a 4 star. Plus, it has a BR set up, which helps.

message 40: by Maddie (new)

yay got a whole team buddy basically xD there's a lot of people reading it.

message 41: by Maddie (new)

so I'm hoping to finish off everything everything while I go out and walk around the town. fingers crossed anyway xD when I get back I'll post a list if brs, as well as my massive list of books i own and haven't read which I'll post here just so you guys can see xD I don't want every other team getting points for my vooks so if someone wants to read it don't advertise please xD we gotta keep things in the down low

message 42: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments I finished the cruel prince and later am gonna post a review , and I already got us 8 points from my BR of Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake

message 43: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments If the library has it I will join Cruel Prince too!

message 44: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 579 comments Just checking back in.. Pretty sure the book I finished yesterday doesn't count for the challenge cause I read the publication date wrong :/ and the other one I''m close to finishing doesn't fit either. Melanie, you're right, this is sooo stressful.

I also started college again today and oh my I already have over a hundred pages to read by next week.

Good news is that I checked my TBR and all my other books fit the challenge, and that next week everyone at home goes back to work and school, so I'll finally have the house to myself for some quiet reading and homeworking... :D

message 45: by Maddie (new)

awesome! haha don't worry we shall catch up to the other teams! I'll make sure of it!

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Alright got my review done of Last Namsara, and now posting my completion :)

message 47: by Maddie (new)

Alright anyone up for Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon or Vanguard (Razorland, #4) by Ann Aguirre anytime soon? Also anything from this list? It isn't complete yet, and I'm just hoping that the link works. I recently cleared out my GR shelves because I needed to update them, it just takes way too long to add each single book to a shelf, so I've found another website that is way faster in terms of adding books. Just hoping the links work XD
https://www.librarything.com/catalog/...

I'll definitely get around to adding a whole lot more books later on. Just really hope the link works, otherwise I have no clue what to do. I really can't be bothered adding each book singly back into GR, as I have too many.

message 48: by Maddie (new)

Also anything from here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 49: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments Don't worry Maddison, I don't know about the others but I have at least around 10 BRs in the near future 🤓🙈 Won't be getting any sleep anytime soon.

message 50: by Maddie (new)

good xD not to sound too rude xD

I finished off midnight before realising I couldn't count it for to it being s re-read. even though it is first in series.

also I finished everything everything and got half an hour into the audio of sun is also a star (br) and an hour and a quarter into all the bright places. in my physical I'm about 15% in and that's a br too so at least 10 points there.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.