Support for Indie Authors discussion

Fun > Open for good ideas...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Webster | 14 comments I am looking for anyone with good prompts that would help me to continue writing so that I might write as well as publish more e-books; Does anybody have any suggestions?-JW

message 2: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4334 comments Mod
A young boy is having his best day ever. At the same time, his twin sister is having her worst day ever. Go.

message 3: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Webster | 14 comments The young boy sees his sister crying because she had that very bad day; He rushes up to her and comforts her, while telling her that none of this is her fault, and that it is OK to cry. Then he shares his ice cream with her.-JW

message 4: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

She's lactose intolerant.

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Stadtmiller | 8 comments You have a unique story inside you that someone out there needs to hear!

message 6: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Probably many, actually.

message 7: by B.A. (new)

B.A. A. Mealer | 891 comments Pick a thing from your past which created emotions (anger, happiness, love, hate, fear...etc) and write it as if you are the age you were at the time. Use whatever point of view you want to do so.

This was a prompt from a creative writing class I took. It ended up evolving into a novel with lot of changes.

message 8: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

B.A. wrote: "Pick a thing from your past which created emotions (anger, happiness, love, hate, fear...etc) and write it as if you are the age you were at the time..."

This is a great prompt and it's one I have used. When I was a teenager, working in the fields, another kid dared me to cut him with a bean hook. I did, then I felt terrible for making another human being bleed for no real reason. That two minutes of my life is in the middle of an otherwise nearly 100% fictional novel I'm currently working on.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela Joseph | 132 comments Dwayne wrote: "She's lactose intolerant."

It's lactose-free.