2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Willemijn's 2018 corner

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Willemijn (last edited Dec 31, 2018 01:26AM) (new)

Willemijn (willemijn_z) | 202 comments 2018 Personal Challenge: 3/12
My bookshelf for this challenge: 2018

01. Dead Man Walking - Paul Finch 20-05
02. Artemis - Andy Weir 14-07
03. En hier een plaatje van een kat - Arjen van Veelen 29-11
04. Leven en laten leven - Hendrik Groen 31-12

Dead Man Walking by Paul Finch Artemis by Andy Weir En hier een plaatje van een kat en andere ongerijmdheden van het moderne leven by Arjen van Veelen Leven en laten leven by Hendrik Groen

Audiobooks
I'm not sure whether or not I want to count audiobooks, so here's a separate list:

1. How to Train Your Dragon - Cressida Cowell; read by David Tennant 28-02
2. How to Be a Pirate - Cressida Cowell; read by David Tennant ...-04
3. How to Speak Dragonese - Cressida Cowell; read by David Tennant 11-04
4. How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse - Cressida Cowell; read by David Tennant 11-05

How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon, #1) by Cressida Cowell How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon, #2) by Cressida Cowell How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon, #3) by Cressida Cowell How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse (How to Train Your Dragon, #4) by Cressida Cowell

Stats
Books read in Dutch: 2
Books read in English: 2
Amount of pages read: 1245
Audiobooks (English): 4

message 2: by Willemijn (last edited Jan 02, 2018 02:10AM) (new)

message 3: by Willemijn (last edited Jan 02, 2018 02:31AM) (new)

Willemijn (willemijn_z) | 202 comments Plans:

This year I hope to focus on the books that I have bought over the past couple of years, rather than buying new ones.

My planned reads include finishing these:

Schitterende ruines by Jess Walter The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey The Bafut Beagles by Gerald Durrell Three Men in a Boat To Say Nothing of the Dog by Jerome K. Jerome

I hope to re-read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so I can then read the other books in the series:
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #2) by Douglas Adams Life, the Universe and Everything (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #3) by Douglas Adams So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #4) by Douglas Adams Mostly Harmless (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #5) by Douglas Adams

That's the main goal, but I should also see if I can read these in 2018:
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt The Drunken Forest by Gerald Durrell

message 4: by Willemijn (new)

Willemijn (willemijn_z) | 202 comments (~)

message 5: by Willemijn (new)

message 6: by Willemijn (last edited Jan 02, 2018 02:05AM) (new)

message 7: by Willemijn (new)

Willemijn (willemijn_z) | 202 comments 2017 was a dreadful year for reading for me. Thankfully it was a good year for everything else. I'll set a new reading goal later in the year, as I don't want to set myself up for the same mistake as last year... lol

message 8: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your new challenge Willemijn & a very happy New (reading) Year!

message 9: by Willemijn (new)

Willemijn (willemijn_z) | 202 comments Susy wrote: "Wishing you the best of luck with your new challenge Willemijn & a very happy New (reading) Year!"

Thanks! Since I only managed 5 books last year, this year can only be a better reading year than 2017. I wish you a great (reading) year too!