What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy fiction Book From My High School Days, MC is male from our age but medieval time period, transported via dream or cave, lots of fog, bridge? Series.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lowery | 7 comments So here is what I remember about the book. I know that the main character was male. I think. I believe it was set in a medieval fantasy world but the main character was from our age and time line. I remember them being transported to the world either through a dream or possibly a cave. All I remember from when they transported back and forth (at the start and end of each book) was that there was A LOT of fog and possible a bridge? I also remember there being a girl that came with him during another book. It's a series I'm pretty sure and I think each time he goes to the world, he's a little older. Pretty sure it's medieval times, maybe some magic, different races too. That's all I can really think of but I do believe he becomes a hero of some sort. I remember a either welcome or goodbye part of the book where everyone was waiting at one end of the fog. I really need to know the name of this. It's one of the books that changed my life but I forget the name of it really easily. Post anything that sounds familiar please and I'll look it up right away to figure out if it's the book I'm talking about.

message 2: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lowery | 7 comments Anyone got a clue?

message 3: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1220 comments So you read this 8-10 years ago? Did it seem old or new at the time?

message 4: by Adele (new)

Adele | 1220 comments This is just a guess: Warriors of Alavna

message 5: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lowery | 7 comments I'd like to say around then. It could have been new or not. It's something I just picked up.

message 6: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lowery | 7 comments Reading a few chapters into it, from a preview, none of it seems familiar except for the mist transporting them to another time.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Pathfinder may be what you are describing. The character may seem to be out of our time because it's a science fiction novel where the characters are in a past like future.
There is a girl that journeys with them on the trip as well, and it's a series.
There is a "fog" wall of sorts that allows them to travel between dimensions for lack of a better word. At the end of the second book I think it ends with them standing in front of it in a goodbye scene.
There's a bump waiting period for this group, just FYI. I'm sure a moderator will be here to let you know. I believe it's a month, unless you think of something new to contribute to your search.

message 8: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lowery | 7 comments Thanks for telling me about that. I didn't see that mentioned when I read through the group information about this sub forum. The name sounds familiar and based from what you said on the end of the second book, it could be it. I'll let you know in a moment.

message 9: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lowery | 7 comments I can't tell based off the few chapters I've read in this sneak peak. It could be and it couldn't. I'll try to request it from the library and give it a read through.

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Joshua--second bullet point--don't create duplicates of the same book and bump every 30+ days. (Bow from moderator)

If that is it, please come back and let us know. Inquiring minds (and those of us addicted to books) want to know the titles of all forgotten books so that they can be added to the massive (verging on the size of Mt. Everest in my case) to-be-read piles that turn our homes into an episode of Hoarders.

message 11: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lowery | 7 comments Alright. And yea just gotta wait till the Library opens tomorrow.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Following up on Andy's suggestion of Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card, here is Google's preview:

https://books.google.com/books?id=QLn...

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Details added to header.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Joshua, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Warriors of Alavna (other topics)
Pathfinder (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Orson Scott Card (other topics)