What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Me & Emma
This topic is about Me & Emma
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fiction book about child abuse of siblings. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christa (new)

Christa La Lista | 2 comments I believe this book was written in the 90's or the early 2000's. I most likely read it fifteen years ago. It has Jodi Piccoult vibe in terms of the writing style. The book follows the early childhood of two siblings who are both abused by a male figure in their life (possibly a stepfather). I specifically remember one of the children being tied to post or a chair and being starved and being abused for having an accident. SPOILER AHEAD..................................

The big plot twist in the end is that there is only one child who has imagined the existence of the sibling who is abused more. He or she imagines the abuse on the other child as a way to cope with his/her own abuse. I don't remember anything else! Thanks!

message 2: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra Firestone | 121 comments Sounds like a very powerful book! If someone remembers the title, I'm going to have to try reading it as well.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Me & Emma? I haven't read it yet, but I think I read a spoiler along those lines once.

message 4: by Christa (new)

Christa La Lista | 2 comments YES!!!! Thank you!!!!!! Every time I googled the parts of the story I could remember it just led me to books about abuse or child psychology. Thank you very much. :-)

message 5: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra Firestone | 121 comments Just reserved it at my library :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Me & Emma (other topics)