Monthly Challenges discussion

January 2018 Challenge > Best of 2017

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Jan 01, 2018 09:46PM) (new)

Diana S | 2093 comments Mod
List here your top 3 reads of 2017 (by book covers.)

example:
Top 3 reads: Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Then read one of the books that a fellow member has listed.
State the member and the book you are going to read.

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 463 comments Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi The Gates (Samuel Johnson, #1) by John Connolly The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman

I picked these because they represent a good variety of what I've read and given 5 star ratings. I put 4 because I couldn't choose between Norse Mythology and Homegoing :)

I would also highly recommend The Broken Earth Trilogy by NK Jemison and The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, but they are series, not single books, so I didn't put them here.

message 3: by Book Concierge (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:31PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 717 comments Top three reads of 2017:
A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell

All these got 5-stars. The first one also got a ❤!

message 4: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) These are my top 4 reads of 2017, cause I can't just pick 3 :) and the last book is really difficult to find, but in case you are able to grab a copy, I highly recommend it

The Fishermen by Chigozie Obioma The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters The Good People by Hannah Kent Monsoon Tiger and Other Stories by Rain Chudori

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 445 comments Here are my picks. I really tried to stick to 3 but I just couldn't decide on just 3.

Heartless by Marissa Meyer In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume The Secret Wife by Gill Paul Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

message 6: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 840 comments Some of my 5 stars have already been listed so I will not duplicate, but these 3 were also 5 star reads this year.

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss The Invention of Curried Sausage by Uwe Timm The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony Marra

message 7: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 451 comments My top 3 reads of 2017 were:

Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood LaRose by Louise Erdrich News of the World by Paulette Jiles

message 8: by Diana S (last edited Jan 07, 2018 08:17PM) (new)

Diana S | 2093 comments Mod
My top 3 reads:

Recipes for Love and Murder (Tannie Maria, #1) by Sally Andrew Last Christmas in Paris A Novel of World War I by Hazel Gaynor The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler

I'm going to read Dark Matter by Blake Crouch by Blake Crouch - listed by Amber :D