Monthly Challenges discussion

January 2018 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Feb 01, 2018 06:28PM) (new)

Diana S | 2093 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: The Lake House by Kate Morton Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swensen, #20) by Joanne Fluke The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Boys in the Boat Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown A Christmas Carol, The Chimes and The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah Christmas Caramel Murder (Hannah Swensen, #20) by Joanne Fluke

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 840 comments Here are my 5

Ace of Hearts (House of Cards #1) by Barbara Metzger Spackled and Spooked (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #2) by Jennie Bentley Reluctant Genius The Passionate Life and Inventive Mind of Alexander Graham Bell by Charlotte Gray The One I Was by Eliza Graham Engaged in Death (Wedding Planner Mystery #1) by Stephanie Blackmoore

message 3: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 463 comments For Linda, I choose:
Reluctant Genius The Passionate Life and Inventive Mind of Alexander Graham Bell by Charlotte Gray and The One I Was by Eliza Graham
My 5 are:
The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel The Witch of Hebron (World Made by Hand, #2) by James Howard Kunstler The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides The Boy in the Suitcase (Nina Borg, #1) by Lene Kaaberbøl Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 717 comments For Bethany, I choose:
The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel and The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides

My five options are:
'Round Midnight by Laura McBride The Longest Night by Andria Williams The Midnight Watch A Novel of the Titanic and the Californian by David Dyer Mrs. Poe by Lynn Cullen Packing for Mars The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach

message 5: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) For Book Concierge, I choose:
The Longest Night by Andria Williams and Packing for Mars The Curious Science of Life in the Void by Mary Roach

My five books are:
Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari Under the Pendulum Sun by Jeannette Ng Revival by Stephen King Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson Aquarium by David Vann

message 6: by Amberly (last edited Jan 02, 2018 03:43PM) (new)

Amberly (introverted22) | 148 comments For Ayundabhuwana I pick
Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and Revival by Stephen King

Here are my five:
Ash & Bramble (Ash & Bramble, #1) by Sarah Prineas Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty The Black Echo (Harry Bosch, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #1) by Michael Connelly BZRK Reloaded (BZRK, #2) by Michael Grant

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 445 comments For Amberly I chose
Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

My 5 are
Renegades by Marissa Meyer Taking Flight From War Orphan to Star Ballerina by Michaela DePrince Written Off (Mysterious Detective #1) by E.J. Copperman I Can't Make This Up Life Lessons by Kevin Hart The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #4) by Krista Davis

message 8: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 451 comments For Amber I choose:
I Can't Make This Up Life Lessons by Kevin Hart Taking Flight From War Orphan to Star Ballerina by Michaela DePrince

My 5 are:
The Charm School by Nelson DeMille Hidden Figures The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly Forest Dark by Nicole Krauss Enemy Women A Novel by Paulette Jiles The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

message 9: by Diana S (new)

For Marilyn I choose:

Hidden Figures The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly Enemy Women by Paulette Jiles

My 5 are:
What Made Maddy Run The Secret Struggles and Tragic Death of an All-American Teen by Kate Fagan Baker Towers by Jennifer Haigh Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid A Murder in Time (Kendra Donovan, #1) by Julie McElwain

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 717 comments No one else has popped in, so I'll go ahead and pick for you, Diana ...

Baker Towers by Jennifer Haigh and Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

message 11: by Diana S (new)

Thanks Tessa :)