What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Lesbian Romance, veterinarian moves to new town, sets up practice, lover has daughter, small town where it's hard to keep secrets, funny dialogue.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 2 comments Hello,

I read a ton of books and have a tendency to start mixing plots in my head, which has lead to me completely forgetting the name of a novel I read that was a really sweet lesbian romance novel I read a few years ago.
I can't remember the author or character names but remember the basic plot. I referenced "kind of" SPOILERS because I will reveal the ending but it is a romance so it's not really a surprise :)

GENRE: Lesbian Romance
PLOT: The main character is a veterinarian/doctor? who recently moves to a new town to set up her business. She ends up meeting this woman, who's closeted in her small town and has a young daughter, and they fall in love. I remember the vet/doctor has 2 kittens and one part of her house is for her practice while the other is just her house. The ending *SPOILER* is this kind of dramatic scene where they are at a town event, maybe picking out an x-mas tree, and the two protagonists get caught cuddling - i.e. outing themselves to most of the town and there's a slight confrontation but it quickly resolves itself. But the young daughter gets upset and runs across the street to a park or something and the vet/doctor has a talk with her about her relationship with the daughter and her mother and it wraps up with a sweet ending

Hopefully someone can tell me the name of this book, it's driving me crazy!!!!
Thank you

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Kayla, can you tell us more about the mother - her job/skills/interests, divorced/widowed/etc., who is her daughter's father, etc.?

Tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny at times, etc.?

Location - country, region?

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 2 comments Hi Kris,

I can't remember the Mom's occupation but I think she got married when she was young because she was deeply closeted and thought she could learn to love him - I think....

The tone is romantic with some angsty parts from the mom, the classic small town, everyone knows everyones business and she's scared to come out kind of deal. There was an older woman who the vet/doc visits that is kind of kooky and hates strangers, she provides a lot of funny dialogue/moments in the book. Not too steamy, I think one scene where they finally get together but mostly build-up. The vet/doc, I'm starting to lean more towards doctor now that I'm writing this, has to visit her but she lives in the woods and it's hard to get there so the mom offers to drive her out.

I can't remember the location, I know it takes place in the U.S and it's a small town but that's really it.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38171 comments Mod
Kayla, are you still looking for this or did you find it?