Mount TBR 2018 discussion

Level 1: Pike's Peak (12 books) > Lianne's Climb Up Mount TBR

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments Going for Pike's Peak again! Just made it in 2017; this year I'm hoping to do even better. Once again I am participating both on my blog and here.

I'm starting with a TBR pile of 928 books. That number went up by 55 in 2017 (despite the fact that I felt like I bought way fewer books than previous years!). The goal is to make that number go down.

Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) Eeep! have fun nibbling away at that mountain!

message 3: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 163 comments My TBR is similarly enormous like yours, mostly because of ebooks. I made a considerable dent in it in 2017, even though I added new ones. I'm hoping 2018 will be just as good and the pile will decrease even further! Good luck with your climbing!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (tumbling-into-wonderland) | 4 comments Yikes! That's a lot of books! Are they all physical books?

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments Yeah that 928 is all physical books. I own 1443 physical books. :|

In my defense, I collect R.L. Stine books (and the guy has written a LOT of books), and have barely made a dent in reading them, so that actually makes up several hundred of that number! I'm not sure if that's actually a defense... But they're little so hundreds of them fit on just a couple of shelves!

message 6: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthais) | 18 comments Wowsers that is a sizeable TBR! Good luck to you!

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments 1. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

This book was excellent!

Good start so far. I've removed one book from my TBR and haven't added any yet. :)

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 109 comments Good luck Lianne. My TBR is close to the size of yours, although maybe a few less physical, I do have some audio and eBooks, but by far the most unread books are in print. I don't have excuse of R.L. Stine either. :-/

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments 2. The Conspiracy (Animorphs, #31) by K.A. Applegate The Conspiracy (Animorphs #31) by K.A. Applegate

3. Missing (Fear Street, #4) by R.L. Stine Missing (Fear Street #4) by R.L. Stine

So far this year I've added 22 books to my TBR, almost entirely from the Children's Hospital Book Market. (I can't help myself! The books are so cheap! And I volunteer at the sale!)

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments 4. Leaning Into the Corner On Becoming a Different Kind of Woman by Shelley Whitney Leaning Into the Corner: On Becoming a Different Kind of Woman by Shelley Whitney

I don't normally count ebooks for this challenge, but this is one that I actually bought (which I don't do often), 6 years ago. So it seemed like fair game!

5. A Wizard of Earthsea (Earthsea Cycle, #1) by Ursula K. Le Guin A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin

On my pile for 5 years. I was actually really excited for this one and unfortunately disappointed by it. Now it's being passed off to my husband's TBR pile.

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments 6. The Wrong Number (Fear Street, #5) by R.L. Stine The Wrong Number (Fear Street #5) by R.L. Stine

7. The Separation (Animorphs, #32) by K.A. Applegate The Separation (Animorphs #32) by K.A. Applegate

8. Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2) by Ann M. Martin Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-Sitters Club #2) by Ann M. Martin

9. Tales of the Interlake A Collection of Strange Rural Stories for All Ages by Carol Gardarsson Tales of the Interlake: A Collection of Strange Rural Stories for All Ages by Carol Gardarsson

Only 3 to go! I was hoping to move up to a higher peak this year, but at least I'm certainly going to reach Pike's Peak!

In February, I left my part time job at the public library... for a full time job in an elementary school library!! It is my dream job. It is also not good for my TBR pile lol. Thank goodness for the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon twice each year, during which I always at least knock off a few Fear Street and Animorphs books from my pile!

message 12: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Congrats on your dream job! How amazing! :)

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments Jessika wrote: "Congrats on your dream job! How amazing! :)"

Thank you!! :D

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 8 comments 10. Betty The Helen Betty Osborne Story by David Alexander Robertson Betty: The Helen Betty Osborne Story by David Alexander Robertson

11. The Peacemaker Thanadelthur (Tales from Big Spirit) by David Alexander Robertson The Peacemaker: Thanadelthur by David Alexander Robertson

Yeah I definitely had to read some short graphic novels from Mount TBR to get to 12 this year...

12. Doc Christmas by Neil Enock Doc Christmas by Neil Enock

And then finished off with a Christmas novel I've been meaning to read for the last couple Christmases!

Success! Well, success in reading 12 TBR books for this challenge. I was decidedly NOT successful in lowering my TBR count, as it is now at 971 (and started the year at 928). It did go up by less than last year, lol. Anywho, next year I'm going all out on this challenge and jumping up to Mt. Vancouver (36 books). Wish me luck!

message 15: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Best of luck in 2019!