What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA horror/romance high school bus accident, 1980/90's

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lin (new)

Lin  (anput) | 1 comments I used to read this book obsessively in elementary and jr high, so it was the early 90's. I can't remember much about the book except it involved a high school band in a bus accident where the ghosts came back to claim a member who either survived or wasn't there at the time of the crash. They go out into a party in the desert and I recall a reference to the song lyric "have you ever seen the sunshine on a cloudy day". It's bugging me big time and google is failing me. I remember all the students get on the bus like zombies in the end and are silent and stare ahead. Help me figure this out please!!!!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Anput, is this a short story in a collection/anthology? If yes, what's the theme of the collection and is there a single or multiple authors?

Can you describe the romance?

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Brandon | 16 comments Sounds a lot like The Band by Carmen Adams. The Band by Carmen Adams

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jan 26, 2018 01:44PM) (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Paula's suggestion of The Band by Carmen Adams seems to match your description.

Megan, the proverbial new girl at Mojave High, restores an ancient school bus; re-creates a tragic accident; and researches in the library and a bookstore in order to rid the town of revenants and release The Band of Undead into mortality.

One Goodreads reviewer says, "...corporeal entities stuck in the middle between the living and the dead because they have some unresolved stuff sticking them to this half-afterlife. They have to recruit like-minded teenagers to replace the members of their band that actually did move on in order to even out the imbalance and move on themselves. The only downside is they take the perfectly viable human teenagers with them into death."

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Anput, was your book "The Band" or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Band (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Carmen Adams (other topics)