What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy/Romance novel: Heroine is cursed by goddess and turned into old crone

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin Kime | 2 comments I don't remember the name or author, it's a fantasy/romance novel. The woman is turned into an old crone by a goddess for disobeying her or something like that, she meets up with the hero and he falls in love with her when she regains her young form, but she can't stay young because the goddess is tormenting her...she is eventually kidnapped, I remember that she was held captive with a chain/collar around her neck? I think the heroine used to work for the goddess, and her name might have started with M...

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jan 02, 2018 06:55AM) (new)

Kris | 33469 comments Mod
Robin, around what year did you read this book?

Is this book for young adults (teens) or older adults?

What causes the heroine to turn back into a young woman?

What kind of goddess is she; what are her powers? Could she be a sorceress or witch?

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin Kime | 2 comments I read this book around 2011-2012 I believe. It is for older adults, think along the lines of Christine Feehan, Joss Wales, or Sherrilyn Kenyon, although they are not the authors of this book.
The book is set in older times, and the characters don't age.

I do not remember why the woman is able to turn young again, I think it has to do with finding the hero.

As far as the goddess, she is a sorceress. I believe her name might start with N, Like Narcisse or Neferti.

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace Troxel (bookswithoutanypictures) | 1 comments Following. I remember this book, and have also been wondering what it was called. I read it when I was in high school, which means it was probably written in 2006 or earlier.

message 5: by K (new)

K Ferguson (kjfsrv) | 17 comments Knight of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor pen name of Sherrilyn Kenyon has this plot. Merewyn once a beauty to rival Helen of Troy is now cursed to be an old hag.

message 6: by Edward (new)

Edward Swing | 9 comments It sounds similar to Howl’s Moving Castle, which was a book too