Book Bingo! discussion

2018 Bingo Categories > A BOOK PUBLISHED THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (new)

Devin (devinlindseyx3) | 83 comments Mod
Leave a comment below with what book you read, your rating, and any review you'd like to read that has NO spoilers!

message 2: by Ágnes (last edited Oct 04, 2018 03:05AM) (new)

Ágnes (lareineweiwei) | 10 comments Toxic Parents Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life by Susan Forward

Update: Reconsidering my ratings this year, the book did not reach the threshold of other 3-star books, so I demoted it to 2 stars.

Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life by Susan Forward & Craig Faustus Buck
My rating: 3 stars

It is a self-help book which was written almost 30 years ago. I gave it a 3-star coz I think it contains out-of-date methods or advice. Still, it can be helpful for people whose self-esteem was destroyed by their parents. If for no other reason, than to consider visiting a therapist.

message 3: by Terrie (last edited Dec 19, 2018 09:46AM) (new)

Terrie | 49 comments A book published in 1950. It wasn't easy to find!! And then it was this classic so I'm so happy to have read it. Three stars as...well... it just isn't my type of book. However, SO HAPPY to have read it. And this is exactly why I join challenges...to expand my horizons!!!
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis
So I'm at 22 books of goal 22. 7 bingos of a goal of 8!!! Close!!!